Cover 1 Breakdown of Dolphins game on D...Dolphins used similar concepts shown by Tennessee with some tweaks to attack Bills, Backups hurt us on some plays, coaches could have helped a little more(Mostly favorable review of play of Bills D all in all)

Big Turk

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They were in a cover 2.  There wasn't a far side safety because Waddle ran a post over the middle in between both safeties.  

Hamlin was late because he had his eyes on the decoy over the middle.  If he didn't bite on that decoy route, he would have been there to make a play.

Hamlin is 2 yards away from that ball as it's caught.  

Yes im aware…

I posted All-22 photos a few pages ago. 

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's not rare what Hyde did.  The catch was an unbelievable catch not that he was in the area.  

It’s extremely rare what Hyde did. The reason the Hyde INT was so impressive is because he got there that fast.

The catch itself wasn’t incredibly difficult - it was an over the shoulder grab. Getting there was the true feat.

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

Yes im aware…

I posted All-22 photos a few pages ago. 

It’s extremely rare what Hyde did. The reason the Hyde INT was so impressive is because he got there that fast.

The catch itself wasn’t incredibly difficult - it was an over the shoulder grab. Getting there was the true feat.

Dude, Twitter responses are not proof lol.  You act like they are.  Its not rare for a good safety to cover a lot of ground.  The catch was unreal yes.  

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude, Twitter responses are not proof lol.  You act like they are.  Its not rare for a good safety to cover a lot of ground.  The catch was unreal yes.  

The catch was “good”. Not amazing. Not spectacular.

What made it incredible was the ground he covered.

E9-D32352-3-DC7-44-CA-B640-5-C6-FECC8102

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

I think you misunderstood my post.

In reality, the play call was poor regardless of what the Dolphins called.

You should never have a defensive play call on 3rd and 20+ that is a guaranteed huge gain if a deep route is called.

The defensive play they dialed up only works if the opponent doesn’t send a deep route or if you have an elite safety that can recognize and get into good leverage very quickly.

Considering that Hyde and Poyer were out, that play never should have been run in that situation. 

I watched that video a few days ago but don't they go into detail on how the dolphins made a great play call by exploiting a tendency they noticed on a previous play earlier in the game? 

It wasn't a blown coverage, the offense exploited the coverage to get waddle one on one with the safety and making it so the safety was a bit out of position. 

Not rushing 4 was a bit of a head scratcher, but now I'm kinda confused, because with the chiefs game didn't people crush them for rushing four instead of three, or am I misremembering and they rushed 3?

13 hours ago, Einstein said:

The catch was “good”. Not amazing. Not spectacular.

What made it incredible was the ground he covered.

E9-D32352-3-DC7-44-CA-B640-5-C6-FECC8102

Absolutely! In the stadium it looked like a sure touchdown, I practically gave up on the play. I still don't know how he got there that fast! Incredible.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.