Josh vs. Herbert and Mahomes…

Dopey

4 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

Did Herbert make a super bowl that we don’t know about

It reminds me after Jeter won 4 World Series, the NY media would try to ask him questions to make him appear spoiled and entitled. 

You begin to realize that with some people it's not really about winning or accolades. Those are just pawns. It's really about putting people down in any possible way they can. 

Don't fall for their arguments. Even if Bills fans sat on their hands while Allen won MVPs and SBs and other fanbases hurled insults, they would say we lack passion. Again, it's not about what they're saying we're doing wrong, IT'S ALL ABOUT THEM. 

2 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

I don’t care it just made me sick to watch some of these sports shows today listening to them Talk about the chargers like there the best team in the league when they lost the ***** game…. 

Man I hope Allen comes out Monday night and curb stomps the living ***** out of the titans…maybe that’ll quite down the Mahomes Herbert talk for a minute

4 hours ago, Billl said:

71 points in two games proves that the Chiefs offense has taken a hit?

You credit the Chiefs offense with the pick six?

IMO the Chiefs will be fine, but thus far I would say the Chiefs offense being better or worse without Hills is a draw. They had a great game against the Cardinals and a below average game against the Chargers. Chargers may be a really good defense this year too early to tell. Cardinals might be a terrible defense this year, again too early to tell. 

Chargers were getting some pressure on Mahomes which forced some early and bad decision throws but luckily for the Chiefs the ball bounced the Chiefs way so to speak and they managed to dodge all three potential turnovers. 

My opinion, Chiefs will be fine offensively in the long run. But after just two games, you have a 44 point outing where the offense couldn't be stopped and a 20 point outing where the offense is very lucky it didn't turn the ball over multiple times.  

4 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

What is phantom about the DB getting to the WR early before the ball? They even showed an up close replay and is was pretty clear if we are talking about the same play. You can hate Mahomes as much as the next guy, but he underthrew the ball as he got hit and the commentator said that those penalties are a result of the underthrown ball ...but if you want to call it "phantom" go right ahead

The one that happened in the first quarter was definitely a bad call. The WR initiated the contact. That is the phantom call everyone is referencing.

Brown Eye, I think you are talking about the offsetting penalties INT. That was 100% pass interference and a good call. Basically, could have very easily been 3 Chief turnovers tonight. Instead there were zero. Football Gods backed the Chiefs last night. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

You credit the Chiefs offense with the pick six?

IMO the Chiefs will be fine, but thus far I would say the Chiefs offense being better or worse without Hills is a draw. They had a great game against the Cardinals and a below average game against the Chargers. Chargers may be a really good defense this year too early to tell. Cardinals might be a terrible defense this year, again too early to tell. 

Chargers were getting some pressure on Mahomes which forced some early and bad decision throws but luckily for the Chiefs the ball bounced the Chargers way so to speak and they managed to dodge all three potential turnovers. 

My opinion, Chiefs will be fine offensively in the long run. But after just two games, you have a 44 point outing where the offense couldn't be stopped and a 20 point outing where the offense is very lucky it didn't turn the ball over multiple times.  

I totally agree with all of this, but it’s pretty disingenuous to say that a team that’s put up 64 points on offense in two games against a below average defense and an elite defense is definitively worse on offense than it was last year.  I think ultimately that this year will prove to be a small step back, but there’s nothing to suggest it so far.  Week 1’s offense was as good as any game last season, and there were several games last year that were way worse than what we saw yesterday.

I think a lot of people here are underselling just how good that Chargers team is.  They’re a top 5 team in terms of Super Bowl odds for a reason, and Kansas City found a way to play at a mediocre level and still find a way to a double digit lead with less than a minute left.  That was a hard fought win on three days rest against a big, physical team.  It reminded me of the game against San Francisco in the Super Bowl with the monsters both had on the defensive lines.

• Agree 1

Herbert is overrated. To even bring him up in a comparison to Josh is kind of an insult. The guy hasn’t made the playoffs and is not guaranteed to even this year with that division. And FYI that pick 6 in the red zone last night was absolutely brutal and something I wouldn’t expect from 17 with the game on the line. 

7 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I lost all respect for MVP awards after Derrick Henry got snubbed after a once in a decade 2000 yard season. 

He wasn't snubbed. 

Rodgers had a 121 passer rating that year. Only one time in NFL history has a QB had a rating higher and that was Rodgers in 2011. Another year in which Rodgers won MVP. Every time a QB has posted a passer rating above 120, which has only happened three times in league history, they have won the MVP. 

Seven times previous to Henry's 2000 yard season a RB has gone over 2000 yards.. Three times the RB did not win league MVP, Jamal Lewis, Erik Dickerson and Chris Johnson. There was precedent for Henry to not win MVP despite a 2000 yard season. 

In a normal year Henry would have had a better chance at the MVP but Rodgers put up numbers that had only been done once before (by Rodgers himself) in league history that resulted in an MVP previously. While a 2000 yard rushing season is rare, a 120+ passer rating is actually rarer. 

And none of the above takes into account team win totals and playoff seeding which has always heavily factored into the MVP award. Both of these also favored Rodgers and the Packers in 2020 over Henry and the Titans.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.