DOG V. CATS

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an oldie but goody-

EXCERPTS FROM A DOG'S DAILY DIARY:

8:00 a.m.Oh, boy! Dog food! My favorite!

9:30 a.m.Oh, boy! A car ride! My favorite!

9:40 a.m.Oh, boy! A walk! My favorite!

10:30 a.m.Oh, boy! Getting rubbed and petted! My favorite!

11:30 a.m.Oh, boy! Dog food! My favorite!

Noon- Oh, boy! The kids! My favorite!

1:00 p.m.Oh, boy! The yard! My favorite!

4:00 p.m.Oh, boy! To the park! My favorite!

5:00 p.m.Oh, boy! Dog food! My favorite!

5:30 p.m.Oh, boy! Pretty Mums! My favorite!

6:00 p.m.Oh, boy! Playing ball! My favorite!

6:30 a.m.Oh, boy! Watching TV with my master! My favorite!

8:30 p.m Oh, boy! Sleeping in master's bed! My favorite!

EXCERPTS FROM A CAT'S DAILY DIARY:

Day 183 of My Captivity: My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another house plant. Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded; must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair, must try this on their bed. Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was. Hmmm, not working according to plan. There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary confinement throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the food. More importantly, I overheard that my confinement was due to my power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage. I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant, he speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the high metal room, his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time ....

an oldie but goody-

EXCERPTS FROM A DOG'S DAILY DIARY:

8:00 a.m.Oh, boy! Dog food! My favorite!

9:30 a.m.Oh, boy! A car ride! My favorite!

9:40 a.m.Oh, boy! A walk! My favorite!

10:30 a.m.Oh, boy! Getting rubbed and petted! My favorite!

11:30 a.m.Oh, boy! Dog food! My favorite!

Noon- Oh, boy! The kids! My favorite!

1:00 p.m.Oh, boy! The yard! My favorite!

4:00 p.m.Oh, boy! To the park! My favorite!

5:00 p.m.Oh, boy! Dog food! My favorite!

5:30 p.m.Oh, boy! Pretty Mums! My favorite!

6:00 p.m.Oh, boy! Playing ball! My favorite!

6:30 a.m.Oh, boy! Watching TV with my master! My favorite!

8:30 p.m Oh, boy! Sleeping in master's bed! My favorite!

EXCERPTS FROM A CAT'S DAILY DIARY:

Day 183 of My Captivity: My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another house plant. Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded; must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair, must try this on their bed. Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was. Hmmm, not working according to plan. There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary confinement throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the food. More importantly, I overheard that my confinement was due to my power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage. I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant, he speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the high metal room, his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time ....

335814[/snapback]

Classic but true stuff!!!! :D

the koreans eat dog. do they know something we don't?

335826[/snapback]

The Chinese will serve you cat and tell you it's chicken. They'll also serve you pigeon wings and tell you they're chicken wings.

lewis and clark got all the way to california and had to stay there - as it started to snow - pacific west coast style. they had no food, so they ate the dogs. they prepared them many different ways, they were delicious in many ways, so i have read.

but i would never eat one. but if you were starving, would you eat little rufus?

cats are pricks.  they are unfriendly little pissclams

335938[/snapback]

Have you ever had a cat?

My wife and I have two, and they're anything but the stereotypical view on cats. The younger one (a Maine Coon mix) plays fetch, follows me around when I wake up in the morning right to the door when I walk out. When I come home from work, she's right there at the door waiting for me as well.

The older cat is a bit more secluded, but still comes up to see us and cuddle at least 3-4 times a day.

Plus, I don't have to wake up at 2am to walk my cat when it has to go poop.

I'd venture to guess most people who bash cats have never actually had one.

CW

Dogs rule, cats suck.

335790[/snapback]

And yet, just the other day, I caught my cat reading Scientific American. Never seen a dog that could do that...

(Of course, I don't know that she understood it...but I swear she was friggin' reading. Just prior to settling down to lick her own ass, of course...)

you have made a compelling arguement. i appreciate it and it was interesting to me. as an avide dog fan and owner, maybe i do overlook a cat's ability to be loved and love back. i have always found them - as a whole - rather distant and untrainable critters. maybe your's are special - i dunno. maybe you train them or something.

still however, i don't like that they crap in a box and not outside. i dont like furballs. i don't like their claws and sandpaper tongue. but i do like their purring and meowing and rubbing up on one's leg. i also like the oddness of them sometimes and there interest in playing with ropes and lines and mice on a string.

but on balance, i have to pick a dog to be with. we have anayzed their worth yet. they are all of the above that is good - plus dozens of much more. the mainentence of a dog - is what makes the bond with it that much greater. they reciprocate the attention you give them like a person. i an not sure if cats do this. so in this, dog owners give a little care and nurture and dogs seem to be able to give it back to some extent better 2nd to only a human. if you like this - you like dogs. do dog owners like nuture and liek to give it? do cat owners dislike over-nuture? rather personal subject, but i think that this is where the question lives.

peace my cat loving friend.

Have you ever had a cat?

My wife and I have two, and they're anything but the stereotypical view on cats.  The younger one (a Maine Coon mix) plays fetch, follows me around when I wake up in the morning right to the door when I walk out.  When I come home from work, she's right there at the door waiting for me as well.

The older cat is a bit more secluded, but still comes up to see us and cuddle at least 3-4 times a day.

Plus, I don't have to wake up at 2am to walk my cat when it has to go poop.

I'd venture to guess most people who bash cats have never actually had one.

CW

335987[/snapback]