Favorite Beer?

I'm saluting you right here at my desk. Of my favorites, Bitburger- you can't find that anywhere outside Germany really. Pacifico is great, but most bars have Corona, which is OK. Gunniness...I love, but poured properly, it takes a long time. I'm not patient. I haven't got that virtue. When I'm out, I like to throw them down quick. Real quick. Now Pabst, Pabst is like that old girlfriend we all had, the one we all think fondly of. She was good- not super hot, but she was the cool one. She's still around and always says yes when you need it and you are desperate. She is always there for you.  That is Pabst.

335834[/snapback]

Right back at you, my man. Look at that. Pabst Blue Ribbon, making friendships between people 3000 miles away from each other.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were there a couple years ago, as well. A couple weeks after the big Harley celebration.  We stayed at the Phister.  Sat next to Doc Severenson down in the hotel lounge.  I thought he was dead long ago, but there he was, a few feet away surrounded by a harem of mid-50s divorcees, dressed in his pinstiped suit and loud tie.  The Diamondbacks were staying at the same hotel, and we got to talk to Bob Brenley in the lounge (what a shocker, huh?).  That's a drinking town, for sure.

335850[/snapback]

See what happens when you drink Pabst Blue Ribbon? You end up slummin' it with Doc Severnson's rejects. :D

I know this goes against everything that's right about beer drinking (in America), but my favorite beer as a treat, is a French beer called Fischer LaBelle. Great clean taste, and very satisfying.

My beer of choice is Spaten, although sometimes I get whatever is on sale between Heinekin, Becks or Bass if the funds are low.

amazing, we just had two pabst fans cheer one another over the net.  amazing! 

again, i will drink pabst tonight.

335870[/snapback]

Amen. I know I will too. I think I got teary eyed earlier. Tonight, I will hoist a glass to everyone that chimed in here. Even that guy that just joined the board and likes Bud.

Pabst brings people together. It is the drink of the working man, the little man in life, the business exec., the lawyer, the doctor, the landscaper, the college student, the redneck, the aristrocrat, the baker, the butcher, the flower shop owner, the mailman, the firefigher, the cop, the hooker, the pimp, the bus driver, the carpet sales man, the marine, the barber, the prison inmate, the priest, the nun, etc.

sing along, "we love pabst, and pabst loves ussssssssssssss"

Pabst brings people together.  It is the drink of the working man, the little man in life, the business exec., the lawyer, the doctor, the landscaper, the college student, the redneck, the aristrocrat, the baker, the butcher, the flower shop owner, the mailman, the firefigher, the cop, the hooker, the pimp, the bus driver, the carpet sales man, the marine, the barber, the prison inmate, the priest, the nun, etc. 

sing along, "we love pabst, and pabst loves ussssssssssssss"

335878[/snapback]

You nailed it. I think I'm in there somewhere. Pabst = world peace

Ok, results from the 2004 Great American Beer Festival

Pabst products performed well, although PBR itself didn't medal. I didn't know they still made schlitz btw.

Category: 19 American-Style Light Lager-33 Entries

Gold: Rainier Light, Pabst Brewing Company, San Antonio, TX

Silver: Old Milwaukee Light, Pabst Brewing Company, San Antonio, TX

Bronze: Michelob Light, Anheuser-Busch Inc., St. Louis, MO

Category: 21 American-Style Lager-14 Entries

Gold: Old Milwaukee, Pabst Brewing Company, San Antonio, TX

Silver: Milwaukee's Best, Miller Brewing Company, Milwaukee, WI

Bronze: Schlitz, Pabst Brewing Company, San Antonio, TX

I'd hate to have been the judges in these categories who had to discern between different levels of stevestojan. Anyway, the other category winners can be viewed at the link above.

these results are bullhonky. the tasters would have been drunk from tasting, thus these results are discriminatory and predjudiced pabst. PABST WON~

Pabst products performed well, although PBR itself didn't medal.  I didn't know they still made schlitz btw.

Category:  19  American-Style Light Lager-33  Entries

I'd hate to have been the judges in these categories who had to discern between different levels of stevestojan.  Anyway, the other category winners can be viewed at the link above.

335914[/snapback]

Category:  19  American-Style Light Lager-33  Entries

335914[/snapback]

Old Milwaukee winning the gold? Remind me never to drink a Category 21 beer again.

You nailed it. I think I'm in there somewhere.  Pabst = world peace

335880[/snapback]

"I've got Pabst Blue Ribbon on my mind....."

I think that's how the song went. ..and of course PBR Me ASAP.

Legend Brewing Company in Richmond, my personal favorite!!!!!

I met the head brewer from St. George brewery down here in Raleigh last year.  I'm not sure exactly where they are in Virginia, but they make some great beers.

335802[/snapback]