Beyond Blue and Red - Gabe Davis: You can't Measure Heart

The Wiz

12 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Gabe out-performs Diggs this season and that's not a knock on Stefon.

No…not at all… Diggs is going to draw the heavy coverage and #1 corner and on most teams the #1 is way better than the #2….

Just a world of difference. Hopefully, Gabe is so good, he draws attention away from Stefon and you know our OC is just waiting for that to happen.

But I see a lot of targets to: McKenzie, Crowder and Shakir. I just don’t know when they are going to draw it up for Shakir but I see zero problems going to him judging by preseason. The kid, Khalil, is a stud, write it down… I won’t be surprised either way though in week one. I could see him catch five balls, I could see him inactive.

Anyone try to come up with an inactive list yet?

Shakir? (Third at slot WR on the depth chart. I think he really is the top backup to both Davis and Diggs (or will be.)

Cook or Moss? (It is Moss that is 2nd on the depth chart.)

Shaq? He should be inactive….

Cam Lewis? I could see him get the start or be inactive, IDK?

It is going to be a very tough inactive list. It is going to be very tough on the inactive, who stand a good chance of being better than the starter…

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I hope he is so good we cannot afford to keep him (think Peerless Price).

The Rams can afford Cupp and Robinson

The Chargers can afford Mike Williams and Keenan Allen

The Bucs can afford Mike Evans and Chris Godwin

The Seahawks can afford Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf

It can be done.  But it all depends on the other players we have to pay as well.  I mean if Davis blows it up this year, like really has an All Pro year, then yeah....I don't think we can afford him.

15 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm so excited for Gabe's season this year. Gonna be monster year and Beane's going to have to write a massive check. 

I'm gonna wait on buying his jersey until that check is cashed. Don't want to jinx it. 

Especially since he wears my favorite number. 

13 hours ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Gabe is so underrated and he is about to explode. His work ethic and the way he Carrie’s himself is 2nd to none. We have a

WR1 hiding as a 2. I will take him and Diggs over any other combo in the league. This year is going to be epic. I expect 12 TD’s and 1200 yards from him. Watch TF out he’s ready to dominate. Oh and his toe tap swag is 2nd to none. 

he had the work ethic coming in and then training with Diggs and the other professionals on this team pushed it even higher

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Rams can afford Cupp and Robinson

The Chargers can afford Mike Williams and Keenan Allen

The Bucs can afford Mike Evans and Chris Godwin

The Seahawks can afford Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf

It can be done.  But it all depends on the other players we have to pay as well.  I mean if Davis blows it up this year, like really has an All Pro year, then yeah....I don't think we can afford him.

josh, diggs, Gabe, Knox, schnowman got/will get paid- everyone else on Offense will be low/rookie contracts

on Defense:  tredavious, von, ed, milano, Tremaine (they love him) will get paid-everyone else will be low/rookie contracts

Five on each side of the ball

This is the way

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.