Will same sex marriage be codified in Congress?

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm done here.  You obviously are not willing or unable to articulate why same sex couples can't use the word marriage.  And that's ok Deek.  Many of us have deep rooted feeling about things we can't explain where they come from. 

I will leave you with this.  To your last sentence.  Ask a same sex couple who you've just told cannot call themselves a married couple if they feel degraded.  Calling them married is pretty damn precise to me.  But that's me. 

Yep that’s you alright

Have a great day. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 1:52 PM, Chef Jim said:

I'm done here.  You obviously are not willing or unable to articulate why same sex couples can't use the word marriage.  And that's ok Deek.  Many of us have deep rooted feeling about things we can't explain where they come from. 

I will leave you with this.  To your last sentence.  Ask a same sex couple who you've just told cannot call themselves a married couple if they feel degraded.  Calling them married is pretty damn precise to me.  But that's me. 

Kind of feels like it just breaks down to the old they just don't want it to be the same thing schtick.

36 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Kind of feels like it just breaks down to the old they just don't want it to be the same thing schtick.

Man, the ink isn’t even dry and people are moving past the language to point their finger at they and them.  From the bill…

2) Diverse beliefs about the role of gender in marriage are held by reasonable and sincere people based on decent and honorable religious or philosophical premises. Therefore, Congress affirms that such people and their diverse beliefs are due proper respect.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Nope…not even close .I’m an architect. My entire profession is based on using very specific language to describe specific things. If we don’t, people get sued. And go figure, we call these documents ‘specifications’. There’s absolutely ZERO malice in it for me. 

• Haha (+1) 1