Amazing Race ... Amazing Finish!

PTS

in a suburban neighbor hood they wouldn't be called panhandlers, they'd be called mormons, or sevent day adventists ;)

Yes, if two people were pan handling in my suburban neighborhood I would be freaked out.

333916[/snapback]

I want to know who pays for the airline tickets? Twice this season, people that started a leg of the race with no money, suddenly have enough to buy tickets at the last minute. Last night was Uchenna and Joyce, earlier it was Meredith and Gretchen.

I want to know who pays for the airline tickets? Twice this season, people that started a leg of the race with no money, suddenly have enough to buy tickets at the last minute. Last night was Uchenna and Joyce, earlier it was Meredith and Gretchen.

334100[/snapback]

Airline tickets are free - nobody has to pay for them.

That said, I think teams should be stuck with the first pair of tickets they buy. You either buy the first flight you find, or you hold off and look for a different flight, hoping that the first one doesn't fill up. It'd make things more challenging IMHO.

BTW - the commercials for the next Amazing Race are asking for families of 4 to join. Could be interesting. ;)

CW

- I think they are allowed to tell people about the race

- They are not allowed to steal / skip out on bills / cabs. If the cabbie says "ok" they can leave. I have a feeling the cameraman is also a quasi producer who makes decisions about things like that while it's happening.

- I'm almost positive that if they hadn't made the flight and rob and amber were 3 hours ahead, they would have added in another task to do - no way would they let it end without drama.

Airline tickets are charged to some type of corp. card.

I was also wondering why they couldn't borrow money from the other contestants who were waiting at the finish line? I know you can get money from other people still in the game, infact they gave money to others who had been in same deal, starting a leg with no money. So they can borrow from strangers but not from the others who were no longer in race???

I also agree I think they would have done something to reduce the lead if they weren't on that plane.

I also felt that Rob and Amber got alot of help because people knew them from Survivor that really gave them an unfair advantage over the others. Considering all of the help they got, it was kind of amazing they weren't always further ahead.

I will give both Rob and Amber credit and the two who won as neither couple ever yelled at their partner throughout the race. Even Meredth and Gretchen snapped at each other a few times.

- I'm almost positive that if they hadn't made the flight and rob and amber were 3 hours ahead, they would have added in another task to do - no way would they let it end without drama.

334141[/snapback]

Exactly, which is horse-sh--. Rob and Amber used their BRAINS to their advantage and should have won fair and square.

Do the math, it isn't too hard to figure out whay what happened happened. Betcha American Airlines got a sweet deal for coming to CBS' rescue.

Exactly, which is horse-sh--. Rob and Amber used their BRAINS to their advantage and should have won fair and square.

Do the math, it isn't too hard to figure out whay what happened happened. Betcha American Airlines got a sweet deal for coming to CBS' rescue.

334793[/snapback]

I wouldn't call it a fix or an unfair advantage; as was pointed out, Rob and Amber had the same thing happen to their benefit earlier in the race. Also, I wouldn't say that they used their brains all the time -- they had a ton of help because people knew who they were. That's rather unfair, no?

I lost a lot of respect for Rob and Amber's decision making ability when they had the yeild and decided to yeild the POW and beauty queen who were in 2nd place. It doesn't make any sense to yield the people right behind you because all you gain is a better shot at the #1 spot on that leg. There's ALWAYS equalizers, so it won't help you in the future. They SHOULD have yielded Uchena (sp) and Joyce -- the eventual winners -- because they were a bigger threat and were further behind. By yielding them, you have a better chance of Gretchen and Merideth getting 3rd place on that leg, and eliminating E&J. It's short-sighted to yeidl the 2nd place people just so you can get first place on a single leg.

CW

i disagree with the yield thing. rob and ambuh new that as always the 3rd place team loses thier money and belongings, so joyce and uchenna were already going to be at a disadvantage. you have to yield peyton manning and 'beauty queen', they are hot on your trail, and it got them some breathing room,who knew it was gonna be so hard to drive those double deckers.

I wouldn't call it a fix or an unfair advantage; as was pointed out, Rob and Amber had the same thing happen to their benefit earlier in the race.  Also, I wouldn't say that they used their brains all the time -- they had a ton of help because people knew who they were.  That's rather unfair, no?

I lost a lot of respect for Rob and Amber's decision making ability when they had the yeild and decided to yeild the POW and beauty queen who were in 2nd place.  It doesn't make any sense to yield the people right behind you because all you gain is a better shot at the #1 spot on that leg.  There's ALWAYS equalizers, so it won't help you in the future.  They SHOULD have yielded Uchena (sp) and Joyce -- the eventual winners -- because they were a bigger threat and were further behind.  By yielding them, you have a better chance of Gretchen and Merideth getting 3rd place on that leg, and eliminating E&J.  It's short-sighted to yeidl the 2nd place people just so you can get first place on a single leg.

CW

334807[/snapback]

i disagree with the yield thing.  rob and ambuh new that as always the 3rd place team loses thier money and belongings, so joyce and uchenna were already going to be at a disadvantage.  you have to yield peyton manning and 'beauty queen', they are hot on your trail, and it got them some breathing room,who knew it was gonna be so hard to drive those double deckers.

334840[/snapback]

There were 4 teams left at that time, and the 3rd place team would NOT lose their money. The last place team was eliminated; the only time you "only" lose your money is when it's a non-elimination round and anybody who has watched the show knows that there's a non elimination round when they get down to three teams.

If they would've yielded Uchenna and Joyce, those two would've been elininated (because the bus thing was pretty close if I recall) and Meredith/Gretchen would've been in the final three. Rob and Amber would've cleaned house.

CW

There were 4 teams left at that time, and the 3rd place team would NOT lose their money.  The last place team was eliminated; the only time you "only" lose your money is when it's a non-elimination round and anybody who has watched the show knows that there's a non elimination round when they get down to three teams.

If they would've yielded Uchenna and Joyce, those two would've been elininated (because the bus thing was pretty close if I recall) and Meredith/Gretchen would've been in the final three.  Rob and Amber would've cleaned house.

CW

334846[/snapback]

In yielding POW & Beauty Queen, Rob was hoping the other teams would leap frog ahead, and thusly eliminate, of what he felt was his biggest competition. As up to that point in the game Ron & Kelly were almost always finishing 2nd behind Rob & Amber.

In yielding POW & Beauty Queen, Rob was hoping the other teams would leap frog ahead, and thusly eliminate, of what he felt was his biggest competition . As up to that point in the game Ron & Kelly were almost always finishing 2nd behind Rob & Amber.

334859[/snapback]

and if not for a bit of good "fortune", the plan would have in the long term worked.

In yielding POW & Beauty Queen, Rob was hoping the other teams would leap frog ahead, and thusly eliminate, of what he felt was his biggest competition . As up to that point in the game Ron & Kelly were almost always finishing 2nd behind Rob & Amber.

334859[/snapback]

He hadn't seen the other two teams ALL race, and he thought that a 30 minute yield would push them both to 4th place? Exactly why I don't think Rob/Amber were as smart as people were making them out to be. They would've been eliminated long ago if not for their celebrity status in the various cities.

and if not for a bit of good "fortune", the plan would have in the long term worked.

How do you figure? Or are you talking about the airplane thing again? If so, remember that Rob/Amber had that same advantage earlier in the race. Nobody got "screwed;" the gray area rules seemed to be applied evenly.

CW

How do you figure?  Or are you talking about the airplane thing again?  If so, remember that Rob/Amber had that same advantage earlier in the race.  Nobody got "screwed;" the gray area rules seemed to be applied evenly.

334867[/snapback]

I missed that episode. Was it the EXACT same kind of situation?

Either way, the eventual winners were WAY late for that plane, and under normal circumstances, there is no way that plane lets them on. There had to be a hand in helping them out.

I missed that episode. Was it the EXACT same kind of situation?

Either way, the eventual winners were WAY late for that plane, and under normal circumstances, there is no way that plane lets them on. There had to be a hand in helping them out.

334878[/snapback]

I don't remember the exact details, but it seemed very similar to me.

CW