MLB The Show 22 - Anyone playing it?

Virgil

I haven't played this year's version but I've always thought Madden could be the football "Show" if EA weren't so complacent.  The Show to me, is the most complete sports simulation game that's out there.  

I've always appreciated that the designers behind MTS seem to listen to fans, add features to the game, and give fans some new things to experience.  

5 hours ago, Mark80 said:

I played a ton last year.  This year was not as fun for me and I stopped pretty early.  Chances are I know enough about it to answer questions.

1 - My biggest question is around the points you earn for packs or unlocking the legends packs.  

What is the best way to get these quickly?   I don’t want to waste my time. Also, I find that the regular packs put out garbage results.  

2 - How do collections work?  If I enter in a card, do I lose them from my team?  Are some collections actually worth it?

3 - I don’t fully understand the cards. Some ratings will fluctuate based upon real life stats it seems.  I’m a Yankees fan and most of the key starters have low 80’s cards.  Will those go up as the players perform more or will a higher rated card get released?  It’s strange because our high performing starting pitchers have crap cards 

I’m basically building a half Yankees team, half legends.  Not really sure the way to build the best team and not spend extra money.  

I saw something that looked like it boosted all of your teams stats. What is that?

22 hours ago, Virgil said:

1 - My biggest question is around the points you earn for packs or unlocking the legends packs.  

What is the best way to get these quickly?   I don’t want to waste my time. Also, I find that the regular packs put out garbage results.  

2 - How do collections work?  If I enter in a card, do I lose them from my team?  Are some collections actually worth it?

3 - I don’t fully understand the cards. Some ratings will fluctuate based upon real life stats it seems.  I’m a Yankees fan and most of the key starters have low 80’s cards.  Will those go up as the players perform more or will a higher rated card get released?  It’s strange because our high performing starting pitchers have crap cards 

I’m basically building a half Yankees team, half legends.  Not really sure the way to build the best team and not spend extra money.  

I saw something that looked like it boosted all of your teams stats. What is that?

I only do the Battle Royale mode within DD. You draft 20 or so rounds, with each round giving you 4 players to choose from (madden had similar game mode).

Then you play 3 inning games against others. Double elim. If u win a couple games, you usually get a pack or two (more wins = better quality card pack).

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.