Greg Cosell talks Wide Receivers and names scheme fits

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Definitely has the intangibles, but not in the first, we can get him later

I’m not sure Watson be available at 25, but the rankings of these top 7 or 8 receivers are all over the map, so who knows. Looks like a very deep group.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/27/2022 at 11:45 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Respectfully, it seems you're conflating Cosell's statement that Moore will ultimately be more of a slot guy in the NFL (which we need) with your own notion that he's not high on him.

I don't think he's his #1 WR... but anyone can feel free to start listening at 9 minutes in to see if I'm crazy. I would note that his emphasis on Moore's "competitive toughness" is pretty huge for a slot WR.

Listen to Greg Cosell talk about Skyy Moore starting at 36:10.  Greg clearly has a lot of ?s about how his game translates to the NFL.  The whole clip is a great listen for his thoughts on WRs.

Keep in mind Greg Cosell is very careful with the words he chooses to describe prospects.  I've noticed he's a little more forth right on this particular podcast than others because he's comfortable with the hosts.

I remember last year he was one of the first draft prospect gurus who voiced serious concerns with Justin Fields (on the Ross Tucker football podcast).  In the weeks following there was a huge pushback against anyone critical of Fields and by the time Cosell was on shows like OneBillsLive his tune had changed.  He didn't come right out and suddenly love Fields, but he also never voiced his serious concerns with Fields again.

Chris Simms was the same with Fields.  His 180 on Fields from February to April was head spinning. It kind of showed me you get more honest insight early on before the manufactured, polite, group think assessments take over the closer you get to the draft.

Edited by Estro

On 3/26/2022 at 9:31 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bills are a zone based team they can easily get away with drafting a corner in round 2 or 3 and not skip a beat. Heck Levi Wallace was undrafted. It’s WR or Breece Hall in round 1 for me. 

This!! Sean’s speciality is developing corners, take one in the second and possibly again in the 4th… there isn’t one at 25 that makes sense, this is a great WR draft, capitalize on it and take the best one at 25 

dream scenario, Jamison at 25, Bryce in the second 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.