Urban Meyer - "Worst experience in my professional life“

Draconator

Reminds me of an old Maddenism: "Sometimes the best move is the one you don't make"

Had Urban just stayed out of the NFL he would be celebrated (right or wrong), treated like some legend, and have his ego puffed everywhere he went. PLUS he could continually turn down NFL offers and take any college gig he wanted, if he wanted. 

Instead, he's seen as a joke. 

Before nobody wanted to be the one to criticize the legendary Urban Meyer, because you'd be alone. Once it starts though people come out of the woodwork!

Edited by TheFunPolice

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Jimmy Johnson was a great football coach in the Parcells mold. He knew his X's and O's and also knew how to lead a group of men, whether in college or the pros. He would succeed anywhere, IMO.

I agree with almost your entire assessment. But I'll say even if there was a  "new Jimmy Johnson" in the college ranks with zero NFL experience (coaching or playing) he'd be a bad bet to be a successful NFL HC today.  I'm not saying he couldn't/wouldn't be successful, but the odds would be stacked against him, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.