Without Tre White

Thriftygamer83

On 1/25/2022 at 8:16 AM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Tre White can’t cover Hill anyways, nothing would’ve changed.

He covered kelce in first match up. 

16 hours ago, BidsJr said:

IMO, after seeing how the D performed after Tre went out, I am using his money for a tippy top tier DE.

I think we would be better of with a better 4 man rush and no Tre, than what we have with him.

Tre makes defense good against good teams.  We played only ***** offenses other than Tampa post tre injury.  It was hidden by that what he does. 

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Good question.  McDermott addressed him and Zimmer briefly saying "on track".  But what does "on track" mean?

ACL injuries are said to take 9-12 months to rehab.

Tre tore his ACL on 26 November and had surgery on 15 December.

9 months would be mid-August.

Here's an article on Tre's injury from PT Dr Kyle Trimble (BangedupBills)

https://bangedupbills.com/2021/11/27/buffalo-bills-cb-tredavious-whites-acl-injury-outlook/

Some points of interest are that he says players who return prior to 9 months are at substantially increased risk of re-injury.

He also discusses some players who returned to play at a very high level, and concerns that some players do not.

McDermott heavy zone scheme will be helpful as White works himself back to 100%. Elite speed and man to man coverage are not his key skills. He holds up fine in man to man but he excels in short and middle zones and rarely gets beat deep( exception was almost giving up that long TD in Baltimore playoff game where Hunley missed wide open WR)

14 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

He covered kelce in first match up. 

Tre makes defense good against good teams.  We played only ***** offenses other than Tampa post tre injury.  It was hidden by that what he does. 

Lol...they played ***** offenses all season long

Stats say the pass rush was better but with Hughes and Addison like gone, I 100% agree. Keep addressing the pass rush.  Would favor bringing in a veteran at DE to go along with the 3 young guys.

On 1/25/2022 at 8:17 AM, Mailman said:

Love Tre as much as anyone else. However, I think the Bills still lose that game with Tre.  It was the coaching decisions and the defensive formation on the last play before the FG in regulation that sealed it. Just my take. 

The reason I don't agree is because it's unexplainable how we played so differently in coverage Week 5 to the Playoff Game.  

We physically beat up Kelce Week 5, and held Hill in check.  And I know, KC was a very different team in the Playoffs, but that doesn't mean you play off coverage all game.  Have to imagine that was Tre White related to protect Dane and Levi. 

• Agree 1

We miss Tre cos he helps us dictate to the offense. You can't use Levi or Dane that way. Doesn't make them bad players. Doesn't mean they suck. But they are cheap scheme specific role players and you have to recognise that in how you use them. 

I don't think it is the case that we'd have shut KC out or anything with Tre but we may well have got that one more stop somewhere in the game. 

I think at this point I probably let Levi walk (unless he gets no offers and comes back for $1.5m again), I draft an upgrade in the first two days of the draft and I have Dane and a dust settles vet (or Levi if he does come back) as depth. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.