Results of the 2020 Offense concepts with the 2021 Defense

MAJBobby

So I have been thinking about this since the game. As I haven’t been able to sleep. I wanted to see what the 2020 offense concepts would be with this 2021 No 1 defense. I saw that last night. 

which got me thinking into the season did they hold back???  

I really think they did. Not hold back plays but when I look at the season. The heavy RB rotation. Rotations in the WR positions in game. Etc etc. it’s like they went into this season like the NBA. Get the wind needed but also load manage as best as possible allowing the Skill positions to be healthy at this time of the year. 

I remember last years playoffs all the WRs were hurt. Beasley Diggs Davis which made me wonder with how the Bills have become a major sports science team they looked at the 2020 load management and decided they wore out the team in season. 

it just seems a team that rotates a lot ramped up their rotations this year all over the team and I think it paid off. 

look at the way Singletary took the RB spot the last 3 weeks. Like they said ok time to start getting ready for playoffs. 

does anyone else feel this way. 

Interesting post, but I don't think they held back.

I just can't see them giving away the 1 seed with home field advantage throughout because they were saving it for the playoffs.

JMO. I'm Not saying you're wrong.

I just think they were a team that struggled to find their identity for the most part this year.

15 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Interesting post, but I don't think they held back.

I just can't see them giving away the 1 seed with home field advantage throughout because they were saving it for the playoffs.

JMO. I'm Not saying you're wrong.

I just think they were a team that struggled to find their identity for the most part this year.

I guess I mean in player reps. I mean like the constant rotation at RB early in the year. Continuing rotating OL ( I know injuries and such led to some of that). 

and what to me looked like Diggs going off the field more than I think I remember in 2020. Though must admit with him still have like 333 targets or something over past two years. 

Klien getting meaningful reps near end of season but playing only with INJ earlier. 

those type things. Maybe not holding back schemes (though the KcKenzie packages came back only near end of season). 

i could be wrong (I don’t think I am with the load management stuff). But the last couple weeks I finally have saw concepts from 2020 that have been missing at during the main season. 

I don't know about that, but I do know they had everybody healthy and ready to rock.  The games they lost earlier in the year could be blamed on not having the right pieces in place on the OL.  They also seemed to make an attitude adjustment somewhere along the line and started playing with a lot more passion.  Maybe they realized that "on any given Sunday" has some merit.  Teams need to be ready to play each week, regardless of the opposition.  

3 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I don't know about that, but I do know they had everybody healthy and ready to rock.  The games they lost earlier in the year could be blamed on not having the right pieces in place on the OL.  They also seemed to make an attitude adjustment somewhere along the line and started playing with a lot more passion.  Maybe they realized that "on any given Sunday" has some merit.  Teams need to be ready to play each week, regardless of the opposition.  

I can say the defense has been Noticeably more physical since the Sullivan “Embarrassed” presser. 

29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I guess I mean in player reps. I mean like the constant rotation at RB early in the year. Continuing rotating OL ( I know injuries and such led to some of that). 

and what to me looked like Diggs going off the field more than I think I remember in 2020. Though must admit with him still have like 333 targets or something over past two years. 

Klien getting meaningful reps near end of season but playing only with INJ earlier. 

those type things. Maybe not holding back schemes (though the KcKenzie packages came back only near end of season). 

i could be wrong (I don’t think I am with the load management stuff). But the last couple weeks I finally have saw concepts from 2020 that have been missing at during the main season. 

Oh sorry I misunderstood.

With the load management, I think you got a very valid point 

56 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So I have been thinking about this since the game. As I haven’t been able to sleep. I wanted to see what the 2020 offense concepts would be with this 2021 No 1 defense. I saw that last night. 

which got me thinking into the season did they hold back???  

I really think they did. Not hold back plays but when I look at the season. The heavy RB rotation. Rotations in the WR positions in game. Etc etc. it’s like they went into this season like the NBA. Get the wind needed but also load manage as best as possible allowing the Skill positions to be healthy at this time of the year. 

I remember last years playoffs all the WRs were hurt. Beasley Diggs Davis which made me wonder with how the Bills have become a major sports science team they looked at the 2020 load management and decided they wore out the team in season. 

it just seems a team that rotates a lot ramped up their rotations this year all over the team and I think it paid off. 

look at the way Singletary took the RB spot the last 3 weeks. Like they said ok time to start getting ready for playoffs. 

does anyone else feel this way. 

It's a good possibility.  It's a long season, and it was even longer this year with an additional game.  However, things also changed once the Bills put a greater emphasis on offensive balance and revved up their Motor.

They rotated the WRs a ton last night too. Joe Buscaglia pointed out all 5 WRs took at least 30% of the snaps. Even Diggs took just over 60%, which is a lot less than I would have expected. Davis surprisingly took the most with 69.6% of snaps. Maybe this was just a game plan specific to the temperature but it worked perfectly. The Pats had no clue what to expect on any given play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.