Kudos to JP21. A little recognition.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

He should be AT LEAST 2nd team All-Pro, but frankly I'd say he should be 1st team. He plays incredibly well down in the box, making TFLs and hitting hard and cleanly. He also plays very well in both man and zone coverage. His mere presence -- with he and Hyde's pre and post snap shifts and movements -- tremendously impacts the defense for the better.

On one defense snap he took offense lineman one-on-one in straight ahead block and pushed him into backfield.

Show me another safety who could do that?

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Logic said:

Poyer is elite. 

Not just "he plays for my favorite team so I have Homer Glasses on when I watch him" elite, but ELITE elite.

His is the most egregious Pro Bowl snub I can ever remember.

He should be AT LEAST 2nd team All-Pro, but frankly I'd say he should be 1st team. He plays incredibly well down in the box, making TFLs and hitting hard and cleanly. He also plays very well in both man and zone coverage. His mere presence -- with he and Hyde's pre and post snap shifts and movements -- tremendously impacts the defense for the better.

He is having an All-World season, and I'm so glad he's a Buffalo Bill.

Amen^^^

This should be Poyer's 3rd or 4th Pro Bowl at least...and yet, nothing. 

I play in a keeper fantasy league where we play individual defensive players. I know fantasy is fantasy, but I have had him for four years, he never comes out of my lineup, and he has been in the top 3-5 in points scored by a DB in each of the last 4 seasons (includes safeties and corners). He is a baller. 

His tackle totals since coming to Buffalo are insane:

2017: 95 tackles

2018: 100 tackles

2019: 107 tackles

2020: 124 tackles

2021: 93 tackles

Plus add in 18 INTs, 6 FFs, 7 FRs, 10 sacks, 29 tackles for loss, 13 QB hits, 8 QB hurries, 1 TD, and God knows how many passes defended...it is a crime that he keeps getting overlooked.

An average Poyer season is: 104 tackles, 6 Tackles for loss, 4 INTs, 2 sacks, 3 QB hits, 2 QB hurries, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery. That's what he has averaged for 5 years straight. Sign me up for that all day.

And if you added leadership into the discussion, Micah and Jordan should both be perennial Pro Bowl/All-Pro selections. They are the heart and soul of this defense.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.