Two of the three AFC Pro Bowl Quarterbacks fail to make the post season

UKBillFan

To me this validates their pro bowl status more than anything.

Because when you look at the Ravens, they were sitting at 8-3 and the first seed in the AFC before Jackson got hurt. It's no coincidence their entire season cratered once he was out of the lineup.

As for the Chargers, without Herbert that's probably a 4 or 5 win team this year. Lot's of pressure on Staley to get the playoffs next year or I suspect the Chargers will be looking for a new HC pretty quick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The chargers team back then reminds me of what happened to the bills during our super bowl runs…they were great but the afc had two other powerhouses with hof qbs that they had to compete with every year.  Kind of like how we frequently saw an nfc east dynasty in the super bowl way back when. 

The difference was that unlike the Bills, the Chargers only made to the conference championship once (2007). 

2004 - 12-4 -- lost to the Jests in OT in the WC game - coach: Schottenheimer

2006 - 14-2 -- lost to the Patriots in the divisional round after bye for the WC - coach: Schottenheimer

2007 - 11-5 -- beat Titans in WC, beat Colts in divisional round, lost to Patriots in the conference championship - coach: Turner

2008 -  8-8 -- beat Colts in WC, lost to Steelers in divisional round - coach: Turner

2009 - 13-3 -- lost to the Jests in the divisional round after bye - coach: Turner

2013  -  9 -7 -- beat Bengals in WC, lost to Broncos in divisional round - coach: McCoy

2018  - 12-4 -- beat Ravens in WC, lost to Patriots in divisional round - coach: Lynn

They also missed the playoffs 4 times while going 9-7 between 2005 and 2020,  including losing 3 of their last 4 games in 2005 and 2014.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

To me this validates their pro bowl status more than anything.

Because when you look at the Ravens, they were sitting at 8-3 and the first seed in the AFC before Jackson got hurt. It's no coincidence their entire season cratered once he was out of the lineup.

As for the Chargers, without Herbert that's probably a 4 or 5 win team this year. Lot's of pressure on Staley to get the playoffs next year or I suspect the Chargers will be looking for a new HC pretty quick.

Brilliant 

10 hours ago, SoTier said:

For those who are too young to remember or who didn't follow football back then or just forgot, the Chargers Chargering goes back to the mid 2000s.  In the 2004 draft, the Chargers had the #1 pick and Eli Manning was the prime pick.  Eli stated he wouldn't play for SD, so the Chargers traded the #1 pick for the #4 pick and a carload of additional draft picks which the Chargers turned into a talent loaded roster.  For several years, they dominated the AFCW and were always the #1 or #2 AFC seed -- and they almost always were one and done in the playoffs.  Fans blamed HC Marty Schottenheimer.  As their talent declined, the Chargers started missing the playoffs -- sometimes in very strange ways but frequently finding ways to lose games they should win easily -- blame fell first on GM AJ Smith and later, QB Phillip Rivers. 

All the usual suspects are long gone.  The Chargers can't even blame the San Diego water supply since they've moved to LA, and they're still finding new ways to screw up.  Chargers are gonna Charger.

I think this is peak chargers chargering. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, TBBills said:

That now proves the Probowl is a joke. Thanks @FilthyBeast

It's not everything, but I suspect the players and coaches looked at Allen's jekyll and hyde play this year and believed he is not the main reason we've been successful and similar success could have been had with Trubisky playing with the #1 defense.

I myself don't necessarily believe that but there have really only been a few games this year where you can single out Allen as the main reason we won.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

I think this is peak chargers chargering. 

Excellent find!  The two hosts outlined EXACTLY the Chargers remarkable ability to "***** defeat from the jaws of victory" despite all their talent over the last 15 years.  Sunday night's game was more of the same  ...

On 1/10/2022 at 12:52 AM, Utah John said:

The Colts, who are finished for the year, are sending seven players to the Pro Bowl, including three players on defense. 

None of this is a surprise.  The Pro Bowl goes to the WRs with the most catches and yards, the QBs with the most TD passes/fewest INTs, the RBs with the most yards, the defensive linemen with the most sacks, the DBs with the most INTs, and the LBs with sacks and INTs.  The Bills are built to win as a team, and except for Josh and Diggs, they don't have superstar players.  They don't have anyone with the best stats in the league for their positions.  So they're overlooked.  It sucks but it is what it is.  

Can you pick ONE player from the Bills' defense who should go?  This year the choice would probably be Poyer, but the falloff from Poyer to Hyde to Milano to Oliver to Phillips is pretty small.  

I say, fine, piss off these players and give them exactly one way to get eve with the world.  Win playoff games.  

Really 7? Colts are a joke of a team that choked in December, I can't believe they got that many. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.