How confident are you about the Bills going into the playoffs?

Steptide

3 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Not confident.

I believe the Bills can beat any team in the NFL BUT I also believe the Bills can LOSE to any team in the NFL (aka Jags).

Unlike last season, this season I am apprehensive about which Bills team shows up to play for every game.

Funny, last season I believed those old days (draught years) were behind us. But losing to the Jags busted my bubble.

Best I can muster these days is Cautiously Optimistic.

I blame this on the ptsd from 20 years of futile fandom. 

I agree with this mostly because the Bills OC started to do it again against the Falcons...just keep throwing...just keep throwing!

In that first Buffalo drive, 14 passes, 8 incomplete, one called run by Singletary, 2 runs by Allen, one for a TD. 

Allen did a lot of the running in that first half and ended the game with 15 carries for 81 yards. Why... is...the... Buffalo... QB... running... this... much!!! Yes, Josh took over this game by running.

This against a near worst NFL defense, 29th in points allowed, 24th in yards.

Atlanta is 32nd in team sacks in 2021. 

I have no faith that when both the Buffalo pass game and run game falter that the Bills OC won't continue to just keep calling for pass plays. Yes, Singletary was effective in this game. That was against a team near last in rushing yards allowed, 26th. 

I have faith in Josh Allen to do his best. I have faith in the Buffalo defense to do their best. The game plans and play calls, no, not so much!

• Like (+1) 1

I am confident the defense will not get shredded. They are playing solid football.

On offense, I am confident in the young core: Allen, Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Singletary, Dawkins, and Brown. Allen has to stay calm and within himself. The Bills have to keep adjusting to defenses, like they did the 2nd half of Tampa and ATL games. The power running, with six linemen and Knox, has to continue when needed.

Could Buffalo beat NE, TEN, KC and GB in a row? Absolutely, but they will have to come together and play their best four game stretch of the season.

Not afraid at all of any team in the AFC.

Let's start with the Colts, send a message to the rest of the Conf that we mean business this time.

Top D in the league and not one pro bowler? Thanks voters, That should help. 

Coach has a way of focusing these guys when necessary. This group can beat anyone. 

Go Bills!

15 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

You focused on one part of my worry.   I get you cant constantly hit a go, but they are game changing plays that I cant recall the Bills hitting this season.

My bigger worry is Allen being below 7 Y/A for the season.   I think both things are part of a larger systemic issue with the team.  I think the passing game is incredibly reliant on Josh moving out of the pocket and throwing back to the middle of the field. 

Love the QB but the variety on offense is lacking.  Where are the slants, the screens, the aforementioned gos?  If I have two high id hope to see at least one slant or screen to take a advantage of out of box players.

Also like to see one offensive player take a 5 yard quick hitter to the house.  Hard to do that when you are catching a lot of zone beaters after the Qb has just scrambled for 5 seconds.

I didnt see you mention any of those things besides the go's. If the topic is variety of offense then I am on board with that 100%.  

On 1/4/2022 at 7:33 PM, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Fair enough, but which AFC team has played a clean season without a weird upset loss or two?  Someone from this conference is making the SB and they all have head scratchers this year.

That's exactly true.  Which is why I'm hopeful despite my concerns about the OL and the general inconsistency of the team.   

I don't know if we're the best team in the AFC but I do think we have just as good a chance as anyone.   We're reasonably healthy and might just go on a roll.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.