I NEVER WANT TO SEE THE QBR STAT EVER AGAIN!!!!

Protocal69

58 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

True.

But also take into account the 104 pass rating for Allen. The 85 QBR was a better indicator of the game Allen actually played. You look at the 104 Passer rating and you say well he was good but not great. 

If you watched the game and came up with anything less than great you need to watch it again.  

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

If you watched the game and came up with anything less than great you need to watch it again.  

I think you are miss understanding my post. I am saying it was a great game by Allen and that the 104 passer rating only indicates a good game by Allen where as the 85 QBR grade is closer to that great range.

This las game is an example of QBR being a more accurate grade of performance than passer rating.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Passer rating also takes into account yards per attempt and TD's per attempt, so it does account for just checking it down all game. Trent Edwards has a career rating of 75.5 which not good. I think that accurately reflects him.

Hard Disagree on Trent ha.  

5 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Allen 85 against NE and Wilson 92.4 is an even worse example than Burrow. WTF it's not like Josh didn't run the ball well.

In case anyone is wondering, here is Wilson’s 92.4 QBR performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHabsDacnig (can’t embed this video since NFL blocks embedding).

Wilson had couple long runs and maybe 1 or 2 okay passes, but not even remotely close to Allen’s performance. Let’s be honest, Allen was criticized for games similar to Wilson’s last game during his rookie seasons. Remember Jets fans were calling Allen running backs then.

Every stat is bogus if that is the only stat you look at. different stats are like reading a kids book. you dont skip to the final page and understand the story. Same thing with completion%, Yac, Accuracy. any one of these stats can look horrible till you read the whole book... look at all the stats... not just concentrate on one stat... one page... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.