Chris Godwin out for year

Dablitzkrieg

On 12/20/2021 at 9:12 PM, Augie said:

Yeah, I think you’re indeed in the minority. A tiny minority. I played football until college, where I took up rugby. In both sports you look to hurt your opponent. You want to be physical and inflict a certain amount of pain. I never wanted to INJURE an opponent. It’s not a “blood sport”, it’s a game. At least, that’s how most decent people see it. You battle, but you respect your opponent. 

Yeah, I get you... I played in multiple intramural football/rugby/extreme frisbee college bouts... and flag/tackle football games after college, and they aren't anything compared to college/pro ball. You never try to hurt anyone in those games, and I am usually the first person to calm everyone down... but College and Pro ball has an animalistic approach, that if you are trying to be the do-gooder, then the players out for blood are gonna take your lunch money.

10 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

Evans is a "fringe" HOF player at best?  Really?   Why don't you take a look at his career stats and get back to me.  A couple of more years of similar stats and he is a lock.  In fact, if we had picked Evans instead of Watkins, most posters on this board would have been more than cool with the trade-up.  

Yeah, let’s see if the softest big receiver ever can keep up a few more years.  This he’s a fringe at best HOF type, a few years of top 10 production does not A HOF career make. 

On 12/20/2021 at 11:59 PM, Prospector said:

Happened to me in college... and I was more upset when the opposing team showed support and sympathy... I didn't want it, we were rivals in a blood sport, and to have them clapping for me as I hobbled off made me furious! I would rather they laughed and taunted than clap and encourage. I always enjoyed the brutal competitive nature of football. 

I may be in the minority, but I really loved the Spartan-esque battles that happened, and doing everything in your power to demolish the opposition... and if you put the person out of commission across from you, then you succeeded. Every play, I tried to make the person play their last play... and I knew they were trying to do the same. It's part of a very violent game, and at least he benefitted to cashing out before it took his knees.  

1. I'm not sure you ever went to college let alone played football. 

2. Your parents didn't raise you right. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.