A Little Perspective: Why we shouldn't be down on the McBeane Regime

folz

3 hours ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Every reason to be bitterly disappointed in the season with regard to coach and GM. I'm not calling for their ouster but they killed momentum with personnel decisions in the offseason as well as GameDay. By standing pat with an O-line that got dominated by KC last year and to rely on a d-line anchored by Hughes, Star and Addison, with an unproven draft class of undersized kids along with an underachieving Epenesa. These poor decisions were exacerbated by the inability to acquire depth at RB or TE, resulting in a negligible running attack and limited protection for our great young QB. When a team gets to the conference championship and then cannot beat a team over 500% except a depleted KC early on , you have to be concerned about coaches and the braintrust.

Well Hampton,  I may not agree with you on Edmunds but you are absolutely 100% right on this. Beane and McDermott should not be going anywhere. Yes they have flaws in their jobs but their positives should outweigh the negatives. They need to sit down together and realize the future of this team has to be building a monster offense around your superstar. I know it goes against every fiber in McD's defensive nature. I'm convinced if we had spent more resources on the OL/RB last offseason we would not have lost to Pittsburgh,  Jacksonville and that 1st NE game. That would put us at 10-3. If they continue to value defense over offense in the next couple years then it will reflect terribly on this organization. 

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Here's an honest question that's been discussed recently by some of the local bills media on podcast, where would this team be right now if Beane hadn't drafted Josh Allen?

The answer is obviously the difference why this current regime is no different than Whaley/Ryan/Marrone, Nix/Gailey, etc.

You take away one obvious hit, and Beane's drafts have been terrible and outside of the 2017 playoffs to end the drought without Allen on a team still mostly comprised of remnants of the previous regime we are probably sitting here talking about 4 straight seasons again without them next month.

Is the difference between a good organization and a bad one simply whether or not they lucked their way into a good quarterback?

It's interesting to compare organizations with the same caliber of QBs.

Look at New England vs. Green Bay.  Look at what NE did with Brady, and look at what Green Bay did with Rodgers.

Either of those guys are more than good enough to win you a pile of rings.

The difference is one organization actually did it, and the other didn't.

• Like (+1) 1

I have a hard time taking anyone serious who actually thinks McD or Beane needs to be fired.  

It’s one of the most illogical rants I’ve seen around here since last year.  

I mean we went 13-3 last year and after losses some people were foolishly saying the same thing.  It’s hilarious…we win, they are great.  If we don’t go undefeated then they should be fired.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Well Hampton,  I may not agree with you on Edmunds but you are absolutely 100% right on this. Beane and McDermott should not be going anywhere. Yes they have flaws in their jobs but their positives should outweigh the negatives. They need to sit down together and realize the future of this team has to be building a monster offense around your superstar. I know it goes against every fiber in McD's defensive nature. I'm convinced if we had spent more resources on the OL/RB last offseason we would not have lost to Pittsburgh,  Jacksonville and that 1st NE game. That would put us at 10-3. If they continue to value defense over offense in the next couple years then it will reflect terribly on this organization. 

Good analysis. These guys are such positive thinkers,sometimes they overvalue the  talent they bring in,and misjudge their ceiling. Josh overcomes most personnel mistakes, but as you so eloquently stated, to maximize his talents and protect him from injuries, the O-line must be fortified. A good back like Chubb or Harris would make us tough to deal with. 

Could it be that the Bills have been in the play offs more since he's been here than any of the past 17 yrs prior to him getting hired ?

The people that are asking for him to be fired are fools now it may be a bit different if all of the sudden the bottom drops out but this team is in better shape than it has been in a really long time and it just makes no sense what so ever that they want these people that turned the club around gone ... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.