PFC Lynndie England pleads guilty

I am not one to poke fun at the appearance of others, but dear god, this if perhaps ugliest woman I have ever seen. But that isn't the point of this post.

I feel that it is a shame, that to many countries around the world, this girl has become "The Face Of America". For all of the good that we do around the world, it takes one story, such as the Abu Ghraib scandal, for the world to see us through hate-tinted glasses. I am not condoning the actions of our troops in said scandal, but I am saying that in comparison to what our enemies do to our troops(decapitation on videotape), this wasn't such a big deal.

Thoughts?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if what they did was "torture", I'd like to see the people in the press who vilified these kids sent to Cuba or N. Korea, or Commie China or Iran or Syria or any other third-world sh!thole where they REALLY torture people.

Then I'd like to see those same press members accused of "spying". Let's give these limp-wristed liberal press members an idea of that TORTURE really is.

It'd take longer.  Trust me.

325910[/snapback]

A LOT longer. I don't think that I could ever be comfortable looking at that mug, let alone finding it attractive.

Torture? No way. If putting panties on a guys head and stripping them naked is torture, I would like to know what electric shocks, whippings, finger and toe chopping and having your freshly shaved head doused in alcohol classifies as.

"Oh, but public nudity is again their religion". Even more reason for us to do it. This is a war we're fighting, right? What a bunch of Mularkey.

A LOT longer.  I don't think that I could ever be comfortable looking at that mug, let alone finding it attractive.

Torture?  No way.  If putting panties on a guys head and stripping them naked is torture, I would like to know what electric shocks, whippings, finger and toe chopping and having your freshly shaved head doused in alcohol classifies as.

"Oh, but public nudity is again their religion".  Even more reason for us to do it.  This is a war we're fighting, right?  What a bunch of Mularkey.

325934[/snapback]

The U.S. can do no right.....everyone else can do no wrong.

Pretty much the philosophy of the entire world outside the U.S. right now.

The U.S. can do no right.....everyone else can do no wrong.

Pretty much the philosophy of the entire world outside the U.S. right now.

325983[/snapback]

Who gives a frak?

We own them all, culturally, militarily, economically. They are right to fear and loathe us. It's just unfortunate we don't project our power enough nowadays. Oh for the days of Teddy Roosevelt.

Who gives a frak?

We own them all, culturally, militarily, economically. They are right to fear and loathe us. It's just unfortunate we don't project our power enough nowadays. Oh for the days of Teddy Roosevelt.

326033[/snapback]

i could see TR go on television and give a speech which equates to...

All your base are belong to us!

It's not as bad as what the Japanese troops did to the British nurses during WW2.

The whole point is though - the USA has always tried to sell itself to the world as a

Christian, civilized nation that didn't condone that kind of behaviour.

It's not as bad as what the Japanese troops did to the British nurses during WW2.

The whole point is though - the USA has always tried to sell itself to the world as a

Christian, civilized nation that didn't condone that kind of behaviour.

326068[/snapback]

Which is one reason she's going to be doing time, though no matter how much it is it won't be enough for the "Muslim Street."

Which is one reason she's going to be doing time, though no matter how much it is it won't be enough for the "Muslim Street."

326077[/snapback]

Your reply sounds so defeatist!

Don't be so negative... Think positive and never give up, no matter how monumental the task appears with regards to the "Muslim Street."

Essayons!

Your reply sounds so defeatist!

Don't be so negative... Think positive and never give up, no matter how monumental the task appears with regards to the "Muslim Street."

Essayons!

326112[/snapback]

It's just one of the battles we regularly lose. Tough to change hearts and minds with today's "instant media" and the all to willing followers they garner.

It's just one of the battles we regularly lose.   Tough to change hearts and minds with today's "instant media" and the all to willing followers they garner.

326147[/snapback]

You ain't saying!

It is really the double message that the US sends.

Instead of emphasizing the great things about our society... What the world sees is Tide and Pepsi being hawked accross the globe while a Disney cruise ship pulls into the port of Venice blarring "It's a Small World."

It is nice to love a guy like Al Czervik (CaddyShack, Rodney Dangerfield) since he breaks down the stuffy elite... Yet, it is hard not to hate him when he acts like a horse's ass!

What's interesting is the exchange with her / her attorneys and the judge. Her story has changed substantially from when she was interviewed early on, and the judge pushed really hard to determine whether she was pleading out because she was guilty, or because it was expeditious for her. It was almost like he wanted her to come with the story about from whence she received her orders, etc (which is what she originally stated).

Frankly she definitely doesn't seem smart enough to have done any of this on her own, and if she didn't think it was inappropriate for a soldier in the US Armed forces to be photographed doing something so undignified, guess her moral compass is haywire. Apparently she suffered nary a twinge...

if what they did was "torture", I'd like to see the people in the press who vilified these kids sent to Cuba or N. Korea, or Commie China or Iran or Syria or any other third-world sh!thole where they REALLY torture people.

Then I'd like to see those same press members accused of "spying". Let's give these limp-wristed liberal press members an idea of that TORTURE really is.

325913[/snapback]

let me get this right, you think that the entire Abu Gharaib

incident is nothing more than a press leak?

let me get this right, you think that the entire Abu Gharaib

incident is nothing more than a press leak?

326375[/snapback]

No, what I'm saying is, what was done to these guys wouldn't even register as torture by any historical standard, islam be damned.