Eversen Griffin Refusing to Leave Home

aristocrat

39 minutes ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

I'm bipolar 1 and I have guns.  Why would I be legally barred from having a firearm?  I have no history of violence and I'm safer with my guns than you could possibly imagine. 

Yeah, people don’t realize that mental illness doesn’t equal violent behavior. Too much negative behavior is blamed on non existent mental illness. The first step in helping those mental illness is living in a world where people actually understand it. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, people don’t realize that mental illness doesn’t equal violent behavior. Too much negative behavior is blamed on non existent mental illness. The first step in helping those mental illness is living in a world where people actually understand it. 

There is certainly a connection in many cases, unfortunately.  And the conversations need to happen about mental illness, there is no doubt about that.  But I think that if we spent a lot more time working on poverty and income inequality, as well as education in general, we would accomplish so much more in terms of violence in-general, in whatever form it takes.  Maybe we should start working on a society that lifts all people up instead of a cut-throat, winner-takes-all system where it's perfectly acceptable to step on someone else, sometimes many, in your pursuit up the ladder of success.  

Poverty is the real root of most of society's ills and it's a real shame we aren't all doing more to address it when we have so many resources available like never before. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.