Many on this board deserve a pat on the back

78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

You can’t say next  year it is now because you don’t know what player might be lost for the season.  Put the duck tape around the leaky faucet and get it done.  The problem with this team they are bored playing the regular season and this happens to a team that makes it to a championship and loses the coaches have got to get it in the players heads you have to  win every game you have left this season and even the Super Bowl because the NFL will try everything in there power to stop Buffalo and not have MLB Atlanta Braves.

There’s another thread discussing how to fix the current team.  

this thread is “I told you so”.  This offseason, I said that we needed to fix the OL, but we kept it as is….and in hindsight, we overpaid to do so.  

I always thought Feliciano was overpaid, but Williams had a chance to live up to his contract.  Turns out, they’re both overpaid and haven’t been able to do what was asked of them.  Be solid starters.  Williams might be a solid starter @ RG, but @ 11M per year, he’s overpaid to be an average RG.  

I had a problem with Basham and Doyle when we drafted them.  I thought we could’ve added players that could help us win a super bowl this season as well as being key components for the next 5+ years.  Well, let’s hope they pan out down the road, because It looks as if both are useless on this current team.  

Just now, NewEra said:

There’s another thread discussing how to fix the current team.  

this thread is “I told you so”.  This offseason, I said that we needed to fix the OL, but we kept it as is….and in hindsight, we overpaid to do so.  

I always thought Feliciano was overpaid, but Williams had a chance to live up to his contract.  Turns out, they’re both overpaid and haven’t been able to do what was asked of them.  Be solid starters.  Williams might be a solid starter @ RG, but @ 11M per year, he’s overpaid to be an average RG.  

I had a problem with Basham and Doyle when we drafted them.  I thought we could’ve added players that could help us win a super bowl this season as well as being key components for the next 5+ years.  Well, let’s hope they pan out down the road, because It looks as if both are useless on this current team.  

It might not be the players but the coach you think Buffalo would build a line for the cold and be the most physical offensive line in the league but one thing wrong with that philosophy is Super Bowl is not played in the cold.

19 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

All off season posters on here argued about the Bills needs

We needed depth at TE 

We needed to upgrade guard play

We needed a RB who can break first contact 

We needed a DT to stop power running attacks with Star being uncertain at the time 

This front office did none of these things and decided to just wind it back

The Jags game and the Colts game where just things that where percolating coming to a head 

These things are all fixable but man we just threw away a year in our Super Bowl window because our front office believed only one team existed in the AFC that being the Chiefs 

It didn't take a genius to understand that despite going 13-3 and reaching a conference championship game that there was still a lot of room for improvement with this team.

But we kept hearing empty words and platitudes like 'process', 'continuity' and 'culture' without any real understanding that this is a year to year league and the Bills weren't successful in 2020 because they had a group of star players leading the way.

It's just sad that fans that actually pay attention understood all these things but Beane is just another ego driven, arrogant guy who thinks because he's an actual NFL GM he was justified in making the ill advised decisions he did.

34 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

It might not be the players but the coach you think Buffalo would build a line for the cold and be the most physical offensive line in the league but one thing wrong with that philosophy is Super Bowl is not played in the cold.

You have to get to the SB first.  Almost all of the afc playoff contenders play in open air stadiums.

Going forward, I just hope that we have a line that can open holes in the run game and pass protect efficiently.  This offseason, I had a plan on how to do just that in the draft.  Beane had his own plan and, as of now, his plan looks to have been a poor one.  

all that said. Unless we see marked improvements the rest of the way. Bobby Johnson’s head should roll this offseason.  Daboll might be with him unless he finds some answers 

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It didn't take a genius to understand that despite going 13-3 and reaching a conference championship game that there was still a lot of room for improvement with this team.

But we kept hearing empty words and platitudes like 'process', 'continuity' and 'culture' without any real understanding that this is a year to year league and the Bills weren't successful in 2020 because they had a group of star players leading the way.

It's just sad that fans that actually pay attention understood all these things but Beane is just another ego driven, arrogant guy who thinks because he's an actual NFL GM he was justified in making the ill advised decisions he did.

Your thoughts aren’t so far off base but your need to go completely overboard and exaggerate just about every statement you make is nauseating.  Even those that may agree with the basis of your statement, like me, can’t help but roll my eyes

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You have to get to the SB first.  Almost all of the afc playoff contenders play in open air stadiums.

Going forward, I just hope that we have a line that can open holes in the run game and pass protect efficiently.  This offseason, I had a plan on how to do just that in the draft.  Beane had his own plan and, as of now, his plan looks to have been a poor one.  

all that said. Unless we see marked improvements the rest of the way. Bobby Johnson’s head should roll this offseason.  Daboll might be with him unless he finds some answers 

Your thoughts aren’t so far off base but your need to go completely overboard and exaggerate just about every statement you make is nauseating.  Even those that may agree with the basis of your statement, like me, can’t help but roll my eyes

Where am I wrong roll your eyes at what tell me everything I have said so far has been true tell me we’re I am wrong?

18 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

You haven't watched much this year huh?  Oliver is doing very well

Oliver has not come close to justifying a top 10 pick.  End of story, there is zero debate in that.  He’s a good player, but in a redraft, you probably don’t take him in the first round.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.