Norwegian Court Convicts First Woman for Rape

What I want to know is, who filed the complaint?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050428/...ex_dc&printer=1

OSLO (Reuters) - A Norwegian court has sentenced a woman to nine months in jail for raping a man, the first such conviction in the Scandinavian country that prides itself for its egalitarianism.

The 31-year-old man fell asleep on a sofa at a party in January last year and told the court in the western city of Bergen he woke to find the 23-year-old woman was having oral sex with him.

Under Norwegian law, all sexual acts with someone who is "unconscious or for other reasons unable to oppose the act" are considered rape.

The court sentenced the woman Wednesday to nine months in jail and ordered her to pay 40,000 Norwegian crowns ($6,355) in compensation.

"This is a very harsh sentence," the woman's lawyer, Per Magne Kristiansen, told the Norwegian news agency NTB. The woman argued the man had been awake and consented.

The prosecutor had sought a 10-month sentence and argued the court should not be more lenient with a woman than a man. It was Norway's first conviction of a woman for rape.

Norway has long traditions of equality -- 40 percent of the cabinet of Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik, for instance, are women.

wow this is juicy stuff. but 9 months for raping a dude? that seems very weak. Rape sentences should be at least 5 years, not 9 months. Also, it must be said that 99% of this happens, the guy woud enjoy the fact that he got laid, and the only exceptions would be the guy being gay, or the girl giving him an STD

wow this is juicy stuff. but 9 months for raping a dude? that seems very weak. Rape sentences should be at least 5 years, not 9 months. Also, it must be said that 99% of this happens, the guy woud enjoy the fact that he got laid, and the only exceptions would be the guy being gay, or the girl giving him an STD

324911[/snapback]

Or the girl looking like Mama Cass.

Or a case of "Dude's a lady!!!!" / "She's a man, baby!!" :D

Or the girl looking like Mama Cass.

Or a case of "Dude's a lady!!!!" / "She's a man, baby!!" :D

324997[/snapback]

I'd just use the excuse that I always do - "I was really drunk"

<-- typically known as the non-descriminating wingman

:P

I'm so sick and tired of society blaming the man for being raped:

"He was begging for it..."

"Look at how he dresses, you know he wants it..."

Sometimes I just want to be a handsome man who is loved for his MIND, not his giant hooters.

I'm so sick and tired of society blaming the man for being raped:

"He was begging for it..."

"Look at how he dresses, you know he wants it..."

Sometimes I just want to be a handsome man who is loved for his MIND, not his giant hooters.

Or his big unit. It's a curse, I tell you! :D

The guy must have been gay.  There's no other explanation for it.

325011[/snapback]

I wouldn't say "no explanation." She could have had an eye patch, acne that'd make Seal look clear complected, weighed 600 pounds, and had one tooth. Add to that his buddies could have been watching and placing bets on how long it took him to wakeup. :D

I wouldn't say "no explanation."  She could have had an eye patch, acne that'd make Seal look clear complected, weighed 600 pounds, and had one tooth.  Add to that his buddies could have been watching and placing bets on how long it took him to wakeup.  :D

325064[/snapback]

who hasn't hooked up with the occasional girl with the eye patch and lisp

I wouldn't say "no explanation."  She could have had an eye patch, acne that'd make Seal look clear complected, weighed 600 pounds, and had one tooth.  Add to that his buddies could have been watching and placing bets on how long it took him to wakeup.  :D

325064[/snapback]

More likely his wife/girl friend found out and forced him to press charges! :D:P

324911[/snapback]

maybe it was his ex-girlfriend and was really pissed at her.

but what would happen if a girl fell asleep, and woke up with a guy on top of her??? how many months would he get??

or if a guy woke up and a girl was shoving a plunger up his ass... how many months would she get???

well, if he said they were just sleep walking he would no time at all... :D