Worst Garbage Plate "expert"

Just Jack

In case you haven't heard....

Nick Tahou Hots still open, local YouTube star says otherwise on TODAY show

The creator of the iconic garbage plate reminded Rochesterians that it’s still in business Thursday morning after a local YouTube star, Andrew Rea, said otherwise during an appearance on national TV.

However, some of that backstory included some false information. “Nick Tahou’s is the place that invented it,” Rea said. “Sadly, they’re closed.”

Plus, he did not know how Garbage Plates were invented, or even made. 

Original video

Not a good showing from a "proud" Rochesterian.  

Inspired by tajin?!?! Are you kidding me? Does he think Tahou is a mexican name? The spice profile is very greek.  

I thought everybody from Rochester knew the history of the name.  Its not long or complicated.

I see they edited the video to cut the part about Tahou's being closed.  I can forgive not knowing that Tahou's was still open since there's been so much talk of selling the business, the family no longer interested in operating the restaurant, selling the building, moving to a licensing model and I believe they closed for some time during the pandemic.  But the rest, do better Babish, if that is your real name.

15 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Any idiot can get on any number of internet connected vehicles to spout misinformation, errors, and outright lies.  Look around here sometimes. 😁

That's not true, everything posted here is verified by the mods. 

On 11/12/2021 at 5:51 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Any idiot can get on any number of internet connected vehicles to spout misinformation, errors, and outright lies.  Look around here sometimes. 😁

Like Wiki & this?  I thought Robert Woods messed up his knee yesterday, NOT 2 months ago?

RobertWoodsWikiError_11132021.thumb.jpg.49b596ffebe859152ca69693551959e7.jpg

Surprised nobody caught it yet and corrected it. Click on the source, it says November 13th... 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.