Williams needs to be benched

1 hour ago, hemma said:

I watched the game a couple of times, but missed him.

How’d he do?

It was hard to get a bead on when he was in on offense. (I know he didn't play on the end-of-game kneel-downs) I think it was mostly on short yardage plays. He was in on Moss's one-foot TD run to make it 34-0. Williams was in the snap before that, when Allen made what was first thought to be a TD run. It makes sense to put him in on a play like that, because there isn't much lateral technique-- everything goes straight ahead. The dude is so big, and strong, and athletic. That play is easy for him. I think they also put him in on all the extra points, which accounts for his ST snaps.

When I saw his snap count (11% of offensive snaps) my assumption was that McD put him in there for garbage time in the fourth, but that wasn't the case. It's interesting to see that McD sees situations (like the Moss TD mentioned above) where he feels that Brown is the right guy for the job, and it's pretty easy to see why. If you go back to the preseason games (GamePass rules!), you can see that Brown has been getting better every game. 

And, judging from what we know of him from his college days, he seems like a classic McD/Beane "high character, process guy." Sorry, @Zerovoltz, but I think it may be that Spencer Brown was The Steal of the Draft.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This has to be among the least thought out thread starting posts I’ve read since joining this board, to the OP, nuthin but luv, but really??? What’s your solution that can happen with the personnel in hand? When you figure that out drop in and enlighten us all, 

Go Bills!!!

On 9/20/2021 at 11:55 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

Won't deny Daryl is playing poorly. Have no clue what the deal is but I'm tired of seeing Josh have to constantly slid left because of pressure. 

And moreover, I don't love seeing him THINK he needs to slide left while throwing (and thus throwing inaccurately) even when he doesn't.