Off-Site Parking at Bills Games

WotAGuy

For the lots on California Road, what’s the route to the stadium?  There used to be a path through the ravine and into the parking lot. I know there is now a fence to eliminate that route. 

Is there another short cut in, or is the only way via the shoulder of Southwestern Road and into the stadium that way?

4 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

No matter where you park, it’s an absolute clusterf@@k trying to get leave.  IMO the worst part about the leaving the game.  You can expect your commute home to be tripled in length 

California Road isn’t bad; if you hustle out of the stadium you can be on the road and not hit the backup that starts on the Thruway just east of the 400. I can usually be back in the Syracuse area by the end of the 4:00 game. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, JohnNord said:

No matter where you park, it’s an absolute clusterf@@k trying to get leave.  IMO the worst part about the leaving the game.  You can expect your commute home to be tripled in length 

Not true.  Park on California.  Leave south on California to ellis.  Left on ellis, right on Taylor and either run it into the village on new Taylor or south to 20a/219.  You’re welcome for the secret local shortcut. 

12 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

California Road isn’t bad; if you hustle out of the stadium you can be on the road and not hit the backup that starts on the Thruway just east of the 400. I can usually be back in the Syracuse area by the end of the 4:00 game. 

Southwestern to union to William/33 might work, too.  Visiting teams take southwestern to union to the airport after games to beat the traffic. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Not true.  Park on California.  Leave south on California to ellis.  Left on ellis, right on Taylor and either run it into the village on new Taylor or south to 20a/219.  You’re welcome for the secret local shortcut. 

Southwestern to union to William/33 might work, too.  Visiting teams take southwestern to union to the airport after games to beat the traffic. 

There was also a big lot on California that had a paved path down to the creek with a bridge over the creek. Wondering if that is still in use. 

9 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

There was also a big lot on California that had a paved path down to the creek with a bridge over the creek. Wondering if that is still in use. 

That’s Wings.  Not my scene.  Not sure if the secret path there is still open.  I believe the Bills fenced their side of the creek a few years ago.  But the reality is the cut through is unnecessary if you’re willing to walk an extra five or so minutes each way.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, JohnNord said:

It's never taken me more than 10 minutes to be traffic free after a game once I reach my car. You have to do a little extra walking however. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, blitzboy54 said:

It's never taken me more than 10 minutes to be traffic free after a game once I reach my car. You have to do a little extra walking however. 

Maybe if you leave early.  The traffic near and around the stadium is ridiculous 

15 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Maybe if you leave early.  The traffic near and around the stadium is ridiculous 

Agreed but I never leave early. You need to park in private lots out near the boundary on the same side of the road and you are traveling. Once you are clear of the main "block" surrounding the stadium you are traffic free through the back roads. You can navigate your way from there.