Part I: The Pressure is on Josh Allen and part 2

Comebackkid

https://www.golongtd.com/p/part-i-the-pressure-is-on-josh-allen

not sure why i cant get that to work as a normal link but u can highlight it and go there from it.

this was wrote by Tyler Dunn Nov 5 2020 and is quite long especially if you read both parts.   

It is very imformative and well written.   This highlights everything from whaley and munoz decisions.   

thoughts behind not drafting mahomes and what went down during that time.   things that happened during 

the rex time...the whaley years, even Buddy Nix.   This comments and shows reasong behind many of the decisions 

before and leading up to josh Allen and who exactly was responsible for what.

It also has a lot of stuff on Allen himself.   

I thought it was a great and imformative read.   Maybe it was posted back when but i didnt find it searching.  

Again its a long read and you have to read to the bottom for the link to part 2

"Mahomes was an alpha in every sense. He picked the steakhouse. He commanded the table.

He was fearless in every sense of the word.

“You wanted to stay with him all night,” Monos says. “It was awesome. … Mahomes was a guy who, ‘Let’s go get some wings and beer. Let’s go.’”

The next day — through driving 20 MPH winds— his workout was nothing short of phenomenal. With Pegula, Whaley, Monos, McDermott, then-OC Rick Dennison and then-QB coach David Culley all on site, Mahomes wasn’t stressed, nor nervous. He made every throw look easy. He carried himself with, as Monos puts, “If you want me, take me”-swag"

At the time Whaley thought Mahomes would fall...he didnt.   

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It was discussed last year.

One commentary is it relies very heavily upon Monos and Whaley as sources, with all the "Caution!" flags that relying upon the veracity and perspective of fired ex-employees entails

I figured it must have been...not sure how i missed reading it before or if others missed it as well.   was it considered they may have lied?  😕 

I didnt think either one were painted to look all that great in the light of things.   They did have a bit of a, it wasnt me shtick though.

3 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

The illustration in the article is awesome

yes it is.   

9 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

I figured it must have been...not sure how i missed reading it before or if others missed it as well.   was it considered they may have lied?  😕 

I don't know if anyone claimed that they lied, but at the time it seemed to be considered that some embellishing and selective remembering may have been involved.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know if anyone claimed that they lied, but at the time it seemed to be considered that some embellishing and selective remembering may have been involved.

its definitely possible, I guess it just comes down to what one wants to believe.   

Thanks. I don't know how I missed this when it came out. 

I certainly don't see this as another article about "we could've had Mahomes." I believe the focus is on whether or not Allen will take his game to the level where he is "mentally" capable of winning a Super Bowl against defenses that know how to take away your bread and butter.

Personally, I believe Allen IS trying to get to that level, as he continuously tries to improve on his weaknesses, and not just the physical ones (deep passes, touch passes, etc.), but also the mental processing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Thanks. I don't know how I missed this when it came out. 

I certainly don't see this as another article about "we could've had Mahomes." I believe the focus is on whether or not Allen will take his game to the level where he is "mentally" capable of winning a Super Bowl against defenses that know how to take away your bread and butter.

Personally, I believe Allen IS trying to get to that level, as he continuously tries to improve on his weaknesses, and not just the physical ones (deep passes, touch passes, etc.), but also the mental processing.

Mark Gaughan has a really good piece in the B-News today which essentially addresses this issue, Allen's continued development.  Highly recommend it.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/air-allen-how-bills-offense-merges-elite-talent-with-excellent-scheme/article_37c43f88-0cd3-11ec-80f1-8370f099c1e6.html

The team that did the best job of speeding up Allen was Kansas City in the AFC Championship Game. Allen did not show enough patience in that game.

“I felt, especially early on in that game, that he was trying to prove how good he is,” Orlovsky said of Allen. “He played in a hurry and he was almost trying to prove that fact. That’s how he got himself into a little bit of trouble. He didn’t trust the things he was seeing.”

"There's a lot of mistakes looking back at that last game that we could have cleaned up, I could have cleaned up," Allen said. "And it’s something that I've been, like I said, chomping at the bit to get back on the field. So I think everybody in this locker room has the same type of mentality." 

Dorsey said every blitz Allen sees goes in the memory banks, and his mental library of defensive looks will get better every year.

“The more you play as a player of his caliber, the more you know what to do,” Dorsey said. “You are reacting because it’s becoming second nature based off of looks and your knowledge of your system. A goal obviously for a quarterback every year is to keep improving and keep building that library of knowledge from the different teams you’re facing. You’re going to see some different coordinators and teams. The more you see defenses and different schemes, the quicker you react on the field.”

Edited by TPS
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TPS said:

Mark Gaughan has a really good piece in the B-News today which essentially addresses this issue, Allen's continued development.  Highly recommend it.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/air-allen-how-bills-offense-merges-elite-talent-with-excellent-scheme/article_37c43f88-0cd3-11ec-80f1-8370f099c1e6.html

Good find, im excited to see how this season turns out.