Stephon Gilmore to miss first 6 weeks of season on PUP

YoloinOhio

Unsurprising news.  This is Gilmore all over.  If he does come back to play at all this year, NE fans can expect some classic Stephon “don’t get hurt” style of play.  He had some very good years after he left for NE, but I am not and never was sorry he was gone.  

7 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

He has won one (1) DMVP. It's not like it's an every year occurrence. Wayne Fontes won one (1) Coach of the Year award. And if you really want to split hairs he was GIFTED that one over Tre. Yet thers is always drama and injury and then the invariable drama over his injury. 

When healthy he is a top 5 CB.  You can say he didn't play hard in Buffalo.  You can say he wanted to leave or whatever you want but he won a MVP and he is a highly regarded DB.  

But I agree he does seem to attract drama.

39 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

When healthy he is a top 5 CB.  You can say he didn't play hard in Buffalo.  You can say he wanted to leave or whatever you want but he won a MVP and he is a highly regarded DB.  

I am not discounting how talented he can be. He seems to pick and choose when he plays well. His MVP season he was motivated by a Super Bowl run...and his play was a bit part of that. 

However sometimes the drama outweighs the talent. He left the Bills to go to a contender (can't fault him for that) and now he finds himself in a similar situation in NE with being part of a rebuild. Of course the drama kicks back up.

While he was here he was always on the cusp of being great and never really got there...wonder why?

Shocking.  He wanted a new contract.  The only thing that would be more shocking is when Watkins gets injured week one and it lingers all season.

48 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

My opinion is he played really well for us until contract time.  He is definitely a highly talented corner but I feel he gets lazy.