Straight Up Stand up Move by the NBA ! They Draft Terrence Clark !

T master

The NBA honored Terrence Clark that should have been drafted this year in this draft but was killed in a car wreck in LA but the NBA because of his talent and great basketball skills wanted him to be a part of the NBA despite his untimely death and had him drafted .

What a awesome thing to do they brought his mom up on stage to except very moving tribute to a great young man that went to Kentucky . I'm not sure exactly if a  team drafted him or if he was drafted the NBA but never the less they drafted him as a honorary member and that was a stand up move by the NBA !!

RIP Terrence now you will always be a part of the NBA !! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

Driving 80 in a 40, running a red light, not wearing a seatbelt. 

3 major mistakes that costs this young man his life. We should be educating, not celebrating. 

Didn't know the story behind it just saw it on there NBA draft . Yes i hope that some young person can learn something from another mistake and the NBA might be able to pass on the lesson to the up and coming draftees .

But if he was a good kid worked hard both academically & on the court i have no trouble with them celebrating him we all make mistakes .

The big thing is if someone especially the young people can learn something from these types of  mistakes then it wasn't a total loss in some sense ...

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

3 major mistakes that costs this young man his life. We should be educating, not celebrating. 

So, if the NBA hadn't done what they did would you, or anyone else, have mentioned Terrence Clark or the manner in which he died today? Didn't think so.

On 7/30/2021 at 1:42 PM, That's No Moon said:

So, if the NBA hadn't done what they did would you, or anyone else, have mentioned Terrence Clark or the manner in which he died today? Didn't think so.

Don't know where 619 got the details, but it certainly wasn't nba.com- he's a blameless victim on that website:

"As a highly-regarded prep player from Boston, Clarke played the 2020-21 season at Kentucky, then announced he was turning professional after his freshman year and immediately began training for the next level.

Just months later, he was gone, a victim in a fatal single-passenger car accident in the Los Angeles area in April."

The wording even sounds like they're trying very hard to cover the details.  

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-honors-late-draft-prospect-terrence-clarke%3famp=1

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Don't know where 619 got the details, but it certainly wasn't nba.com- he's a blameless victim on that website:

"As a highly-regarded prep player from Boston, Clarke played the 2020-21 season at Kentucky, then announced he was turning professional after his freshman year and immediately began training for the next level.

Just months later, he was gone, a victim in a fatal single-passenger car accident in the Los Angeles area in April."

The wording even sounds like they're trying very hard to cover the details.  

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-honors-late-draft-prospect-terrence-clarke%3famp=1

Typically when an organization has a press release about a fallen colleague they honor the person rather than get into specifics like:

"Bill was a consistent average to sub par performer.  He was frequently late to the office and and abused the paid time off policy.  Bill will be remembered by his colleagues as a liability who NEVER refilled the coffee pot.  He leaves behind an estranged daughter and an indifferent ex-wife."

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Typically when an organization has a press release about a fallen colleague they honor the person rather than get into specifics like:

"Bill was a consistent average to sub par performer.  He was frequently late to the office and and abused the paid time off policy.  Bill will be remembered by his colleagues as a liability who NEVER refilled the coffee pot.  He leaves behind an estranged daughter and an indifferent ex-wife."

That'd be pretty sweet haha. 

I was replying to no moon's sentiment that the NBA was using this to heighten attention to safe driving.  They certainly don't appear to be.

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

That'd be pretty sweet haha. 

I was replying to no moon's sentiment that the NBA was using this to heighten attention to safe driving.  They certainly don't appear to be.

That isn't what I was trying to do at all. The NBA was trying to remember a player who died too young. Granted he was doing several stupid things. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't at least honor his existence.

FWIW, there are memorials every year for kids who die doing stupid things. Sometimes it's at high school graduation, sometimes it's during Senior night of their sport. I don't see lots of people complaining about those things.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/30/2021 at 3:14 PM, Buffalo619 said:

The speed is one thing but why people do not wear seat belts just amazes me. Sad for the young man because he did not need to die.

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

That isn't what I was trying to do at all. The NBA was trying to remember a player who died too young. Granted he was doing several stupid things. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't at least honor his existence.

FWIW, there are memorials every year for kids who die doing stupid things. Sometimes it's at high school graduation, sometimes it's during Senior night of their sport. I don't see lots of people complaining about those things.

I wasn't complaining about a tribute, but I will say some senseless deaths are less random than others, and it's a good thing there wasn't a minivan cruising through a green light. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.