Deion Sanders walks out of presser after being called "Deion"

Mango

When I saw the title I thought it was going to be b/c they didn't call him Prime Time - so it's not as bad as I was expecting :)

Edited by stevewin

There's only person I call coach: Chuck Dickerson during his WGR days.😄

If Deion want's to be as respected a coach as Nick Saban he needs to go out & win some NCAA championships.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

42 minutes ago, stevewin said:

When I saw the title I thought it was going to be b/c they didn't call him Prime Time - so it's not as bad as I was expecting :)

A lot of pressers they do call him coach prime. Sometimes he refers to himself as that. It’s weird. But I don’t hate that part, it’s always been part of his brand. 

8 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Just saw the video.  Lets just say it was the collision of two guys who need reality checks.

Agreed. The mere idea that you can be insulted when someone calls you by your name (which you use regularly) is absurd. Calling Deion "Deion" is not disrespectful in ANY way.

On the other hand, once someone tells you what they preferred to be called, why not just call them that? (Baring of course, they ask for something like "Your Majesty" and they are in no way royalty.)

Both were very immature in this. A reporter should be there to get the information. The better working relationship you have with the subject you are covering, the more information you are likely to get. There is nothing to be gained by making something this simply contentious. 

But Deion's reaction was very over-the-top. Does he forget dealing with the press is a big part of his job, too? He could have/should have been the bigger man.

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Someone give COACH Sanders Wrecks Ryan's phone number.  He'll fit right in.

image.thumb.jpeg.d7fa48721237a24d25652b8b18a7e980.jpeg

First guy I thought of. When a coach makes himself the story (as Rex did nearly ALL the time) you should reconsider the hire, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

When has Deion the diva ever been worth listening to? Maybe they refer to him as coach diva from no on…

A few years back, ESPN changed NFL Primetime, moving it to Monday and removing Chris Berman and Tom Jackson.  I wanted to see highlights on Sunday so I saw that the NFL Network had a highlight show on Sunday evening.  The host was Chris Rose and included Deion (excuse me, Coach Deion) and Michael Irvin.  For me it was unwatchable.  Deion and Irvin would be talking and jiving while Rose was trying to address the highlights.  It was really bad.