Cuba

Irv

ROGER SIMON: Cuba, Iran, and the Shame of the United States.

If I hadn’t left the Democratic Party years ago, I would leave it now.

Their namby-pamby, lip-service reaction to the uprising of the Cuban people against 62 years of brutal communist oppression is shameful beyond words.

Apparently, the protests are a bit inconvenient for them. AOC might be embarrassed if they said or did anything, not to mention Bernie.

The Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas warned Cuban refugees not to come (while the border is open to practically everybody else, from Houthis to extra-terrestrials) put the capper on it.

The Coast Guard has evidently already been alerted not to allow this freedom-loving riff-riff on our shores. After all, some of them might vote Republican.

Cuban-born himself, Mayorkas’ behavior is not that far from the Jewish Kapos who kept order for the Nazis inside the concentration camps. What he’s done—no doubt on orders from above—is that repellent.

But the Democrats clearly had and have more important fish to fry, like prolonging the fiction that another freedom-oriented demonstration (Jan. 6), clumsy as it might have been, was a veritable “insurrection.” (The poor folks just somehow forgot to bring guns.)

https://www.theepochtimes.com/cuba-iran-and-the-shame-of-the-united-states_3903345.html

Related: Former Florida Democrat Congresswoman Scolds AOC for Blaming Cuba Crisis on U.S.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/former-florida-dem-congresswoman-scolds-aoc-for-blaming-cuba-crisis-on-u-s/

Trump taking advantage of Cuba situation to raise money. 

Trump emailed supporters an "official poll" asking about their thoughts on the US' Cuba policy.

"Do you agree that Joe Biden MUST stand up to Cuba's Communist regime?" it asked.

Both "yes" and "no" answers linked to the fundraising page to Trump's Save America PAC.

Any word on Trump calling democracy in Cuba? 

Biden has. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-official-poll-cuba-links-fundraising-page-2021-7

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

PPhtCp4.gif

Qw0Vd6t.jpg

You are scared Biden will win over Cuban Americans as Biden calls for democracy in Cuba. 

Is Trump calling for democracy there? Trump just let Hong Kong go with barely a peep. 

Edited by Tiberius

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump taking advantage of Cuba situation to raise money. 

Any word on Trump calling democracy in Cuba? 

Biden has. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-official-poll-cuba-links-fundraising-page-2021-7

You are scared Biden will win over Cuban Americans as Biden calls for democracy in Cuba. 

Is Trump calling for democracy there? Trump just let Hong Kong go with barely a peep. 

I hope Biden does bring freedom to Cuba and that he stops communism cold.

He won't, but I hope he does.

I agree about Hong Kong, though that was the UK's treaty to enforce and they didn't, I sure wish Trump would have sanctioned the hell out of China for HK.

4 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

I hope Biden does bring freedom to Cuba and that he stops communism cold.

He won't, but I hope he does.

I agree about Hong Kong, though that was the UK's treaty to enforce and they didn't, I sure wish Trump would have sanctioned the hell out of China for HK.

Democracy is not a priority at all for Trump. He sees it likePutin does, a threat. Hence more restrictions on voting 8n red states, attempts to sabotage the postal system. Trump is just a wannabe dictator 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

Democracy is not a priority at all for Trump. He sees it likePutin does, a threat. Hence more restrictions on voting 8n red states, attempts to sabotage the postal system. Trump is just a wannabe dictator 

They vote in Russia, I thought wherever they voted all was hunky dory...

You can't troll me to hard on Trump, I can't stand him, better work on that pal.

Cuba protests: The economic woes driving discontent

Soaring global food prices and the island’s devalued currency — coupled with longtime shortages of basic goods and the decades-long United States embargo — helped spark the recent demonstrations.

Cuba’s coronavirus pandemic-ravaged economy shrank by 11 percent in 2020, the island’s economy minister said, the sharpest contraction since the collapse of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s.

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2021/7/16/cuba-protests-the-economic-woes-helping-drive-discontent

Screen-Shot-2021-07-12-at-12.00.46-PM.pn                                             image005-2-copy.png?w=582&ssl=1

download-1-copy.jpg?resize=463,600&ssl=1

BLM activists question equal exercise of Florida protest law

Gov. Ron DeSantis signed into Florida law a measure earlier this year that boosts penalties against demonstrators who turn violent and creates new criminal penalties for those who organize demonstrations that get out of hand. Provisions of the law also make it a felony to block some roadways and give immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road.

Demonstrators on Tuesday in Miami, Tampa and Orlando temporarily blocked busy roads, chanting support for the Cubans who had taken to the streets in the communist nation Sunday to air grievances about poor economic conditions and other issues.

“When they protest for regime change, which aligns with the governor’s political viewpoint ... you see no enforcement from law enforcement,” said Michael Sampson, who co-founded the Jacksonville Community Action Committee, one of many groups that sprung up under the banner of the Black Lives Matter movement.

“I think it’s just downright hypocrisy we’re seeing from the governor, and even law enforcement in how they’re applying this law. It goes to show how our fears that we had earlier … that it will be used against Black people fighting for equal rights,” he added.

https://apnews.com/article/florida-race-and-ethnicity-laws-4b896f297a4474e2bef171b31c30de41

Cubans vote republican so they can break Florida law.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/16/2021 at 11:47 AM, Tiberius said:

Dictators (wannabe or otherwise) don't leave office upon losing an election.  :rolleyes:

When you lead a failed insurrection and don't have the backing of the military you leave either on your own two feet or in a body bag. There was only so much time that trump could hide in his bunker beneath the White House before the military came in and put him in the bag.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

HMM: To Free Cuba, Make Guantanamo the New Ellis Island.

The drowning risk for incoming Cuban refugees could be entirely eliminated by inviting the Cubans seeking freedom and democracy to make their way by land to Guantanamo. At the navy base, their applications could be processed, they could be vaccinated against Covid-19, and they could eventually be transported safely to America by airplane or in seaworthy vessels.

The images of this exodus would help advance what Mr. Biden professes to be a core foreign policy objective. In his July 15 “Washington Declaration” with Chancellor Merkel, Mr. Biden said, “We must act now to demonstrate that democracy delivers for our people at home and that democratic leadership delivers for the world.”

Forget Biden’s words and watch his actions instead — and his actions show he’s no friend of liberty in Cuba or here.

https://www.nysun.com/foreign/to-free-cuba-make-guantanamo-the-new-ellis-island/91585/

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

HMM: To Free Cuba, Make Guantanamo the New Ellis Island.

The drowning risk for incoming Cuban refugees could be entirely eliminated by inviting the Cubans seeking freedom and democracy to make their way by land to Guantanamo. At the navy base, their applications could be processed, they could be vaccinated against Covid-19, and they could eventually be transported safely to America by airplane or in seaworthy vessels.

The images of this exodus would help advance what Mr. Biden professes to be a core foreign policy objective. In his July 15 “Washington Declaration” with Chancellor Merkel, Mr. Biden said, “We must act now to demonstrate that democracy delivers for our people at home and that democratic leadership delivers for the world.”

Forget Biden’s words and watch his actions instead — and his actions show he’s no friend of liberty in Cuba or here.

https://www.nysun.com/foreign/to-free-cuba-make-guantanamo-the-new-ellis-island/91585/

This is brilliant, the US needs to implement this immediately.  Let's free those who want freedom.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Silenced!  What’s Happening Now in Cuba?

by John Stossel

Are they still protesting in Cuba? I don’t know. The Cuban government has shut off the Cuban people’s internet. The big demonstrations began four weeks ago, sparked, curiously, by a rap song. The key lyric is: “Freedom! No more Doctrine!” “Doctrine” refers to the “constant cycle of propaganda” from the government, explains Cuban emigre Alian Collazo in my newest video. Sadly, silly TV reporters in America claimed the protests were about “hunger, pandemic restrictions and the lack of COVID vaccinations

https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/08/11/silenced-whats-happening-now-in-cuba/