Florio's punch has been (should be) pissed in...

Not to beat a dead horse (much better to beat Florio), but here for your reading edification....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

'ZONA DUMPS ON DONAHOE

As a follow-up to our story from earlier on Tuesday regarding some harsh opinions as to Bills G.M. Tom Donahoe, we're now hearing that the Arizona Cardinals are unhappy with the manner in which Donahoe has handled the potential trade of tailback Travis Henry.

Per a league source, Donahoe "totally screwed up the deal." Apparently, Arizona was offering tackle L.J. Shelton and a flip-flop of second-round picks. During those discussions, Donahoe "was swearing up and down that he had offers from . . . Philadelphia and Tampa Bay . . . for straight third-round picks."

So "the Cardinals called [Donahoe's] bluff and both the Bucs and Eagles took [running backs] in the draft."

Per the source, Donahoe "lost all credibility with [the Cardinals] when he pulled that crap. He never once said he didn't like [shelton], he just said he had better offers."

Since the draft, Donahoe has suggested that the Bills never wanted Shelton.

As a result, the Cardinals were chuckling when Donahoe was left holding the bag, and the source says that we can now add one more organization "to the list of teams that know [Donahoe] is full of sh-t."

I took the liberty of boldfacing the most hilarious line...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

'ZONA DUMPS ON DONAHOE

As a follow-up to our story from earlier on Tuesday regarding some harsh opinions as to Bills G.M. Tom Donahoe, we're now hearing that the Arizona Cardinals are unhappy with the manner in which Donahoe has handled the potential trade of tailback Travis Henry.

Per a league source, Donahoe "totally screwed up the deal." Apparently, Arizona was offering tackle L.J. Shelton and a flip-flop of second-round picks. During those discussions, Donahoe "was swearing up and down that he had offers from . . . Philadelphia and Tampa Bay . . . for straight third-round picks."

So "the Cardinals called [Donahoe's] bluff and both the Bucs and Eagles took [running backs] in the draft."

Per the source, Donahoe "lost all credibility with [the Cardinals] when he pulled that crap. He never once said he didn't like [shelton], he just said he had better offers."

Since the draft, Donahoe has suggested that the Bills never wanted Shelton.

As a result, the Cardinals were chuckling when Donahoe was left holding the bag, and the source says that we can now add one more organization "to the list of teams that know [Donahoe] is full of sh-t."

This story strains so many laws of logic, that if true, Donahoe should be fired on the spot. Since TD still has a job, let's accept the basic logic that Florio is an idiot with a vendetta.

How are we supposed to reconcile Florio's latest story with what's been leaked in the news?

If we can assume that Arizona met TD's condition of swapping 2nd rounders with the trade, why would TD hold out for Philly's 3rd round pick?

In what alternate universe is a late 3rd round pick better than moving up 11 spots to the top of the second round AND getting a starting caliber NFL offensive lineman? Why would Donahoe not take the Arizona trade if they were apparently hot after Nugent? How would Arizona's offer still be on the table on draft day, if Arizona personnel guy admitted that he had not called Buffalo since Friday?

This story strains so many laws of logic, that if true, Donahoe should be fired on the spot.  Since TD still has a job, let's accept the basic logic that Florio is an idiot with a vendetta.

How are we supposed to reconcile Florio's latest story with what's been leaked in the news? 

If we can assume that Arizona met TD's condition of swapping 2nd rounders with the trade, why would TD hold out for Philly's 3rd round pick? 

In what alternate universe is a late 3rd round pick better than moving up 11 spots to the top of the second round AND getting a starting caliber NFL offensive lineman?  Why would Donahoe not take the Arizona trade if they were apparently hot after Nugent?  How would Arizona's offer still be on the table on draft day, if Arizona personnel guy admitted that he had not called Buffalo since Friday?

320438[/snapback]

I must confess, I do not possess the necessary intellect to appreciate the genius known as Florio. :lol:

First of all, I'm a Donahoe fan at this point, but just looking at this situation if this is true...

Maybe Shelton isn't great, but I'm sure he's adequate, and moving up would've allowed us to get Nugent. Chances are Parrish would've still been there in the 3rd rd. from the projections and mocks I've looked at. I have to say, IMHO, I would've liked that scenario much better than what played out. But, I don't think we're hurting by any means at this point either.

Right.......and Arizona is and always has been a top notch organization with consistently great drafts, numerous Super Bowl apperances, a sold out stadium every game and countless fans around the world.

Arizona is PO'd because they didn't get TH for a crappy, $3 million a year, fat ass OL and a switch of draft picks in the 2nd round. TH makes $1.75 million less than Shelton so Arizona didn't save money and didn't get rid of a less than stellar, overpaid OL. Switching picks 11 spots in this draft would have been meaningless for both teams.

A GM negotiating a trade is supposed to get as much as possible from the other team. Who said it's illegal to say other teams are interested to try and get more in the deal. Agents do it all the time.

The Cardinals are a bunch of candy ass crybabies. Someone tell them to just go lose 12 games for the 87th year in a row and quit their bitching.

All the bitterness in this is really a shame, because I like Denny Green and I think he's put together a pretty good program out in Arizona, after so many failed ones. Exciting WRs, an improving defense, and a good draft - it'd be nice to seem them knock of Seattle and St. Louis. But now, they're dicks, and I have to go hate them.

First of all, I'm a Donahoe fan at this point, but just looking at this situation if this is true...

Maybe Shelton isn't great, but I'm sure he's adequate, and moving up would've allowed us to get Nugent. Chances are Parrish would've still been there in the 3rd rd. from the projections and mocks I've looked at. I have to say, IMHO, I would've liked that scenario much better than what played out. But, I don't think we're hurting by any means at this point either.

320468[/snapback]

Cotton,

I am not so sure about your assumption that Parrish being their in the 3rd as you suggested.....from everything I have heard he is a real playmaker despite his size.....someone would have gobbled him up.

I think we did the same exact thing last year when we took Lee Evans......sure there was a chance someone might not pick him up.......but if he is high on your draft board do you take that chance......

I dont want to take a kicker that high anyway.......

All the bitterness in this is really a shame, because I like Denny Green and I think he's put together a pretty good program out in Arizona, after so many failed ones.  Exciting WRs, an improving defense, and a good draft - it'd be nice to seem them knock of Seattle and St. Louis.  But now, they're dicks, and I have to go hate them.

320502[/snapback]

So, you liked Denny Green, but because he reportedly did not get hoodwinked by the GM of your favorite team, he is being a "dick"? Some objectivity might be in order...

I have no love for Green, or the Cardnals, but I agree with you, he is doing a pretty good job of putting a team together in Arizona. It remains to be seen what will happen, Boldin may hold out, and I think JJ will be adequate at best, in Arizona. Personally, with the skill players Arizona has (assuming Warner does not return to his pre-2004 form), I don't think Travis is a good fit for their offense anyways.

I like TD, because he is proactive, but it is looking more and more that some of his detractors are not entirely off base in regards to this Travis Henry situation. How can you have a two time 1000 yard rusher dangling out as trade bate, months before the draft, and come up with nothing? I am pretty sure he will be traded, but it won't be until training camps are in full swing, when someone is injured, or some team figures out that the guys they have are not going to cut it. Truthfully, it was obvious Travis was history last season, TD made a mistake of not unloading him then. Argue all you want about how it would be foolish to put the running game on Willis McGahees' suspect knees, but just remember JP Losman. Surely a running back vetran the equvilant of Kelly Holcomb could have been found. The Peerless Price situation was much different than this.