Climate Change

I would imagine it's not going to be too long before we start seeing food shortages due to climate change. So much of the country's agriculture comes from California and the southwest, I read recently something like 80% of our farmland is out that way. 

And they are running out of water now... Sooo... Yeah... Good stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

As the resources and materials necessary to replace every use of fossil fuels such as electrifying the entire world vehicle fleet don't exist on this planet in the quantities needed I think the big hoax is we can convert our entire civilization to renewable sources like solar and wind and continue on our way without changing the social and economic arrangements.  This is going to be a really big surprise to green enthusiasts when they find out the elites planning out their future didn't save a spot in the lifeboat for them all.    

• Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I would imagine it's not going to be too long before we start seeing food shortages due to climate change. So much of the country's agriculture comes from California and the southwest, I read recently something like 80% of our farmland is out that way. 

And they are running out of water now... Sooo... Yeah... Good stuff. 

They will be (again) clamoring for our water. Pipelines of water from the Great Lakes! 

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

As the resources and materials necessary to replace every use of fossil fuels such as electrifying the entire world vehicle fleet don't exist on this planet in the quantities needed I think the big hoax is we can convert our entire civilization to renewable sources like solar and wind and continue on our way without changing the social and economic arrangements.  This is going to be a really big surprise to green enthusiasts when they find out the elites planning out their future didn't save a spot in the lifeboat for them all.    

Oh don’t worry, we can’t fix this problem. It’s a runaway train. It will only get worse 

Just now, Bidens_basement said:

Yep, pretty much. Just like winter breaks cold records every year.

The only solace to take from this growing danger is that Republicans will publicly do the bidding of the oil companies and the people will see it for what it is. 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Must be why glaciers are growing and the snow pack in the Sierras is setting records every year.  

Everything is cyclical. How long has this been going on?  Since the beginning of time. We live on a rock with molten lava underneath the earth’s crust. What do you think should happen? Everything stay the same climate forever? Not likely.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Was Trump right that this is all a fraud? Sure looks like we are burning up the planet. 

Just so I understand your methodology, you started a post about climate change (a worthy topic), that was actually just about the former president.  You offer no context, facts or details to back up your position.  No substance whatsoever.  I’ve seen a few of your posts (and Billstime) and have concluded that you’re here for only one reason...  To simply stir up those that don’t agree with you.  That’s pretty unfortunate.  I’d imagine you both are on quite a few block lists for this type of posting, not that either care.  Just know that this kind of stuff is the reason people are divided beyond repair.  Because there are people in the world who only find happiness through agitation.  And those people, no matter how right or passionate they feel, are always on the side of wrong.  

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Must be why glaciers are growing and the snow pack in the Sierras is setting records every year.  

There’s a great conversation to be had about the two points you brought up.  Unfortunately, this thread was created only to bait and antagonize Trump voters, so as badly as I want to speak to the good points you made, (being serious, totally agree with your two points), I’m going to sit this thread out.  There’s a better way to talk about what’s clearly going on in our world without making everything a vilification of Trump and his voters.  But kudos for the points you made!  

10 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

Everything is cyclical. How long has this been going on?  Since the beginning of time. We live on a rock with molten lava underneath the earth’s crust. What do you think should happen? Everything stay the same climate forever? Not likely.

I think if you buy into the false choice of either A: climate change is all man made or B climate change is only a natural process, then you are playing right into the hands of those who want to politicize an existential threat to our way of life for their own personal gain.

• Agree 2

Just now, Jauronimo said:

I think if you buy into the false choice of either A: climate change is all man made or B climate change is only a natural process, then you are playing right into the hands of those who want to politicize an existential threat to our way of life for their own personal gain.

I agree. It doesn’t have to be either/or, could be a combination of both. But there is a group of people who would prosper greatly from the green new deal.

14 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

Just so I understand your methodology, you started a post about climate change (a worthy topic), that was actually just about the former president.  You offer no context, facts or details to back up your position.  No substance whatsoever.  I’ve seen a few of your posts (and Billstime) and have concluded that you’re here for only one reason...  To simply stir up those that don’t agree with you.  That’s pretty unfortunate.  I’d imagine you both are on quite a few block lists for this type of posting, not that either care.  Just know that this kind of stuff is the reason people are divided beyond repair.  Because there are people in the world who only find happiness through agitation.  And those people, no matter how right or passionate they feel, are always on the side of wrong.  

There’s a great conversation to be had about the two points you brought up.  Unfortunately, this thread was created only to bait and antagonize Trump voters, so as badly as I want to speak to the good points you made, (being serious, totally agree with your two points), I’m going to sit this thread out.  There’s a better way to talk about what’s clearly going on in our world without making everything a vilification of Trump and his voters.  But kudos for the points you made!  

It is a big political question. And Trump says it’s all a fraud. You seem to think I should be sorry about that? 

1 minute ago, Bidens_basement said:

I agree. It doesn’t have to be either/or, could be a combination of both. But there is a group of people who would prosper greatly from the green new deal.

There is a group who continue to prosper greatly from the status quo who have a vested interest in writing off climate change as a hoax and emissions controls, renewables, conservation as pinko commie, unamerican propaganda.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

There is a group who continue to prosper greatly from the status quo who have a vested interest in writing off climate change as a hoax and emissions controls, renewables, conservation as pinko commie, unamerican propaganda.  

How do you fix “climate change “ when you have the world’s largest polluters like china, not doing a dumb thing?

12 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

How do you fix “climate change “ when you have the world’s largest polluters like china, not doing a dumb thing?

You wait for a crisis so big that everyone realizes there needs to be a solution, I suppose. We are not going to tell China what to do because they wouldn’t listen. 

20 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't know.  I think leading by example is generally good.

Well, it hasn’t worked yet. We greatly reduced our emissions, but china has doubled there emissions. They are building new coal plants every two weeks. 

31 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You wait for a crisis so big that everyone realizes there needs to be a solution, I suppose. We are not going to tell China what to do because they wouldn’t listen. 

That’s your solution?