Jump to content

Can lefty hold it together today? He did, now can he finally win a US Open?


flaz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Congratulations to Phil for another victory in the PGA Championship. Now, the question turns to, can he finally win the US Open? In his 29 starts, Phil has 10 top 10 finishes, 6 of which were in second place.

 

Fairways and greens are are the name of the game on an Open course (last year being the exception to that rule). The rough is typically the longest the players will face all year. Lefty only hit 6 or 7 fairways in the final round at the PGA. He'll have to do better to have any chance to win.

Edited by flaz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope so, he's my favorite current golfer. Saw something earlier that said he would be the oldest to win a major if he pulls it off...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, T&C said:

Hope so, he's my favorite current golfer. Saw something earlier that said he would be the oldest to win a major if he pulls it off...

Julius Boros is the oldest at 48 (according to Google). Phil is my all time favorite, plus he's said some pretty nice things about the Bills over the years. He's a big time gambler and made some serious change on our team

Edited by flaz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flaz said:

Julius Boros is the oldest at 48 (according to Google). Phil is my all time favorite, plus he's said some pretty nice things about the Bills over the years. He's a big time gambler and made some serious change on our team

Yeah, think Phil is 50 now so really hope he pulls it off. I'm a lefty too so I kind of latched onto him when he hit the scene. I have a color 8 by 10 of him with with him paired up with Fulton Allen on the tee box (he is mid swing, its a nice shot/pic) at the Fred Meyer challenge... has to be like 30 years ago or so, Phil looks like he skipped school to go play golf.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I predict no he will do his Sunday major flop. Koepka for the win.

 

Did you not know he has taken up meditation? He's a new and improved Phil!

 

Edited by flaz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Koepka is favorite to win rn and he is just a monster in majors

 

Problem w Phil is he could shoot 80 today although it's set up to score

 

Head says Brooks heart says Phil

 

should be a great Sunday regardless

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guys see the Mets game yesterday?

 

Rojas is going to kill the bullpen.  Not sure if you caught yesterday's game, but Lucchesi pitched 4 innings, threw 43 pitches, gave up 1 hit, no runs and struck out 8.  

 

And ***** Rojas pulled him from the game.  

 

This guy is a worse manager than Callaway.  Sweet Jesus, he sucks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Koepka is favorite to win rn and he is just a monster in majors

 

Problem w Phil is he could shoot 80 today although it's set up to score

 

Head says Brooks heart says Phil

 

should be a great Sunday regardless

 

You never know with Phil but I will root for him. I will also be pulling for Jordan to complete the grand slam of golf, miracles do happen 

Just now, Gugny said:

You guys see the Mets game yesterday?

 

Rojas is going to kill the bullpen.  Not sure if you caught yesterday's game, but Lucchesi pitched 4 innings, threw 43 pitches, gave up 1 hit, no runs and struck out 8.  

 

And ***** Rojas pulled him from the game.  

 

This guy is a worse manager than Callaway.  Sweet Jesus, he sucks.

 

Your hijacked has been reported to the proper authorities. Kindly take your beezball talk to the PPP

 

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You guys see the Mets game yesterday?

 

Rojas is going to kill the bullpen.  Not sure if you caught yesterday's game, but Lucchesi pitched 4 innings, threw 43 pitches, gave up 1 hit, no runs and struck out 8.  

 

And ***** Rojas pulled him from the game.  

 

This guy is a worse manager than Callaway.  Sweet Jesus, he sucks.

Watching the game today or going fishing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Watching the game today or going fishing?

 

High winds and dark skies.  Probably not going out today unless it calms down later.  I have to keep reminding myself that it's only May.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

 

High winds and dark skies.  Probably not going out today unless it calms down later.  I have to keep reminding myself that it's only May.

I bet you can't wait to stick your thing down the throat of a nice smallmouth

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, flaz said:

 

Did you not know he has taken up meditation? He's a new and improved Phil!

 

 

Good for him! Always looking for new ways to get better instead of just doing the same old, same old....

 

Sign me up for Team Old Guy! We have something in common, and I am NOT a lefty.  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

Good for him! Always looking for new ways to get better instead of just doing the same old, same old....

 

Sign me up for Team Old Guy! We have something in common, and I am NOT a lefty.  :)

 

Old guys rock! I wonder if it's the same thing I have in common with him, which has something to do with the medication he hawks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, that was a disastrous start! If he starts to press, this could be over early. If he plays the the course and not Brooks, he can still win this

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • flaz changed the title to Can lefty hold it together today? He did, now can he finally win a US Open?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...