Ben Allbright’s annual mock draft has Bills taking Etienne at 30. He’s been right about where Bills are looking several years running.

Logic

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

Yes.  Once Etienne was gone, and they failed to trade down as evidenced by taking nearly the full time allotted to get the pick in.

Like I said... we will find when the war room doco comes out 

On 4/29/2021 at 10:04 AM, maryland-bills-fan said:

What in the world do you mean by that comment?

I think he was referencing the song "Juke Box Hero" (RB...box...juke...get it?)

On 4/29/2021 at 10:04 AM, maryland-bills-fan said:

The guy that we could draft at #30 is not to much different than the guy we could draft in the middle of the second round. You can't wish a top 15 talent DE into our #30 draft pick.

Well hey Y'all, Beane just tried.

5 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Etienne was gone by the time our pick came up, so how do you figure that?

I think he may be confusing Benjamin (who had Etienne falling to us at 30) with McShay (who had the Bills trying to trade up above pick 23 for Etienne)

Since Harris went at 24 and Etienne at 25, seems like good intelligence out there about where Etienne was likely to go.

But either no one was interested, the price was higher than Beane wanted to pay, or, the player Beane was actually interested was not Etienne and was actually gone already before the possible trade partner was on the clock.

11 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Yes.  Once Etienne was gone, and they failed to trade down as evidenced by taking nearly the full time allotted to get the pick in.

Everyone is saying the Bills took the full time but on draft night there was a clip of a celebration in the war room with 4:45 left to go.  It was on NFL network.  So either there was a slight delay in announcing the pick or maybe the paperwork was being filed.  At 4:45 they had made their choice though.