[Schefter] Steelers’ free-agent safety Sean Davis is visiting the Bills today, per source.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I'm surprised Dean Marlowe hasn't been re-signed. I would guess Davis is a potential vet minimum replacement.

Yeah Dean is the only guy left of Bills FA that either hasn't signed back with Buffalo or gone elsewhere.

Bringing this guy in may be a move to tell Dean this is our offer, take or we're moving on.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I’d rather keep Marlowe

It might make Marlowe accept what they've offered him, if they have.

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah Dean is the only guy left of Bills FA that either hasn't signed back with Buffalo or gone elsewhere.

Bringing this guy in may be a move to tell Dean this is our offer, take or we're moving on.

guess I should have read all 3 pages.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm sure McDermott and Frazier are looking for a very specific skillset. 

If you look at Dean Marlowe, he played slot, big nickel, backup safety, special teams. They got a lot out of him.

Sean Davis may not have been starting safety caliber, but perhaps the coaches have reason to believe he could successfully fill Marlowe's utility role.

Alternately, they're showing Marlowe -- who I bet they want back -- that they're willing to move on without him, in an effort to get him to lower his asking price.

Whatever the case may be....if Frazier and McDermott have earned the benefit of the doubt at ANY position across the roster, it's safety, in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1