ROOKIE RB TARGET

When I think of the biggest needs on this team, running back is not in the top 3.

You can get a good running back for $5M - $10M in Free Agency if you really want one.

A good 2nd corner or defensive end will cost you $10M - $15M+.

I would much rather have one of those... or even a great run blocker so there are actually lanes to run through... 

That's just me though.

11 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Am I the only one who thinks Breida signing does not preclude Etienne of Harris at #30? - just like an Obada signing does not preclude a Rousseau, Paye or Phillips pickup at #30, if Beaner feels one of these players is BPA.

I know Etienne comp is Kamara and Harris comp is Henry - and I was torn between them for a long time - but now, for the record, am firmly in the Harris camp - With the receiving weapons we have, what we need is that power runner to get those 3-4 yards in the red zone. Also am a lil concerned about Etienne's fumbleitis and the quality of Clemson's opponents.

Not at all.

IMO it was very unlikely before, and now that we signed Breida, nothing has changed about that. Around the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds I think the odds rise significantly.

Edited by Thurman#1

Motor,, Moss, and Brieda is decent.  But we have a stud QB and maybe the best top 6 WR in NFL.  Josh could always use more playmakers.  I like Hollister and Knox too.  But the offense could really use RB1(who can pick up blitz and line up wide) and a playmaking TE  We need to beat TB and KC.  So we have to score points. 

I know, we need edge, DT,big nickel and CB too.  But when Bills make their first selection, I'd strongly consider RB and TE if value is there

• Like (+1) 1

Etienne will be the most dynamic back in the draft. With speed and toughness, he is a Kamara clone. Having said that, the overarching need is a complimentary cover corner for White or another rotational edge rusher. If Beane miraculously gets another edge in FA, then a back or a O-line depth tackle like Jenkins would be a good add with a db after that.

22 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

This^^^^ RB’s in the first round make no sense any more.

When we were regularly picking in the #8-#12 range, then this logic made sense.

Now that we are picking #30, the values shift drastically. We're pretty much picking in the 2nd round. Getting a top RB at that spot is pretty common.

I'm not saying they MUST take a RB there, although I do like Harris a lot. Just that our options are now wide open. Pretty much anything except punter/kicker is on the table.

----------------------------------------

With regards to Breida, I see him as a Yeldon replacement. Anyone we draft will likely be a Singletary replacement. As far as depth chart and playing time go.