Combating imaginary racism with actual racism??

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Segregation today. Segregation tomorrow. Segregation forever.

The article refers to " black identifying" people who are welcome to attend.  So people who aren't black but "identify" as black can attend?  What if a person is black but identifies as white or Asian or hispanic, can they get in?   If Rachel Dolezal shows up is she welcome or racial appropriating?  This stuff is confusing.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's MSNBC Segments Like This on 'White Rural Rage' That Are Going to Hurt Democrats in Election

By Nick Arama

We see people locked in their ivory towers of academia, and we see politicians stuck in their bubble of D.C. political thought. 

What they often miss is a lot of middle America and what Americans truly think. 

As someone who moved from the northeast suburbs to a more rural area, with "white rural" people as well as non-white rural folks, they are some of the most welcoming people I have ever met, in a way that was both surprising and a joy. Of course, that's anecdotal. But that's to say that stereotypes of all kinds tend to be stupid, confining people into a box. 

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2024/03/01/msnbc-segment-white-rural-rage-book-n2170800

• 2 weeks later...

Democrats: Talking down to voters since the 60's.

Rep. Gonzalez: Hispanic Trump Voters are Like “Jews for Hitler”

KAREN TOWNSEND 

Rep. Vincente Gonzalez (D-TX) is running for re-election. The Democrat represents the 34th Congressional District of Texas which includes cities like Brownsville and McAllen. 

The district is heavily Hispanic. Republicans have been making progress in South Texas, which dates back to Donald Trump's term in office. Former Rep. Mayra Flores Vallejo is his Republican challenger. 

Mayra Flores Vallejo sent shock waves through South Texas when she won the district in a special election in 2020. She was the first Mexican-born Congresswoman in U.S. history. She was the first Republican elected in the district in 100 years. Flores Vallejo served five months and Gonzalez won the seat in 2022. Now the two are having a rematch.

Donald Trump endorses Flores Vallejo. Her husband is a Border Patrol agent and border security is a big issue in her campaign. She is the mother of four children and campaigns to end indoctrination in schools. She is a social conservative warrior and Democrats despise her for it. The race between her and Gonzalez was very nasty in 2022 and it looks like it won't be any better this time around. 

Gonzalez is from McAllen. Last week in one of his snits, he compared Hispanic Trump supporters to "Jews for Hitler." Imagine being so out-of-touch that he would say such a disgusting thing, especially as the Israel-Hamas war rages on.

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2024/03/17/rep-gonzalez-hispanic-trump-voters-are-like-jews-for-hitler-n3784849

46 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Democrats: Talking down to voters since the 60's.

Rep. Gonzalez: Hispanic Trump Voters are Like “Jews for Hitler”

KAREN TOWNSEND 

Rep. Vincente Gonzalez (D-TX) is running for re-election. The Democrat represents the 34th Congressional District of Texas which includes cities like Brownsville and McAllen. 

The district is heavily Hispanic. Republicans have been making progress in South Texas, which dates back to Donald Trump's term in office. Former Rep. Mayra Flores Vallejo is his Republican challenger. 

Mayra Flores Vallejo sent shock waves through South Texas when she won the district in a special election in 2020. She was the first Mexican-born Congresswoman in U.S. history. She was the first Republican elected in the district in 100 years. Flores Vallejo served five months and Gonzalez won the seat in 2022. Now the two are having a rematch.

Donald Trump endorses Flores Vallejo. Her husband is a Border Patrol agent and border security is a big issue in her campaign. She is the mother of four children and campaigns to end indoctrination in schools. She is a social conservative warrior and Democrats despise her for it. The race between her and Gonzalez was very nasty in 2022 and it looks like it won't be any better this time around. 

Gonzalez is from McAllen. Last week in one of his snits, he compared Hispanic Trump supporters to "Jews for Hitler." Imagine being so out-of-touch that he would say such a disgusting thing, especially as the Israel-Hamas war rages on.

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2024/03/17/rep-gonzalez-hispanic-trump-voters-are-like-jews-for-hitler-n3784849

How about Queers for Palestine?

• Like (+1) 1

Washington Supreme Court Rules Bar Exam
Negatively Impacts Minorities, Will No
Longer Require It For Lawyers

by Mariane Angela

The Washington State Supreme Court officially abolished the traditional bar exam requirement for aspiring lawyers Friday due to its perceived negative impact on minorities. The Supreme Court has announced that the bar exam is no longer a requirement for those who aspire to be practicing lawyers. The Bar Licensure Task Force claims that the exam is only minimally effective in measuring competency and noted its unfair barrier to marginalized communities aspiring to practice law, according to the Washington Administrative Office of the Courts. The Task Force on Bar Licensure found that the usual bar exam unfairly stops people from underrepresented groups from entering the legal profession.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/03/18/washington-supreme-court-rules-bar-exam-minorities-require-lawyers/

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Who funds this crap?

I tried to find the budget of the movie to simply see if it was gonna be a $50 million loser or a $200 million loser and I cant find anything about the actual budget. I have a feeling that this was recognized as a loser a while ago and only released so they could not be accused of squashing it. 

• Agree 1

Yeah, interesting that its budget isn't being shown.  Doesn't appear to have a lot of CGI so probably low.  

But I was under the impression that the movie is satire?

Just now, Doc said:

Yeah, interesting that its budget isn't being shown.  Doesn't appear to have a lot of CGI so probably low.  

But I was under the impression that the movie is satire?

I never heard of it till that post.  

38 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I never heard of it till that post.  

We were on vacation in Virginia last week and watched The Daily Show (TDS for short, how apropos) one night and they had an interview with David Alan Grier about the movie.  That's the only reason I knew about it.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/didn-t-trust-police-sought-101030621.html

Let me report this accurately, a mentally ill man who had delusions and hallucinations went to a police station accusing them of harming him ended up dead after he attacked police for not "helping" him the way he wanted to be helped. He was on illegal drugs and most likely off his prescription meds. This is a sad story but making racial is improper.

• Thank you (+1) 2