Oklahoma Pro Day

turftoe

5 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

That’s fine but Beane doesn’t trade back. If anything, he’ll identify a guy he loves and move up to get him. At the very least I feel we will stay at 30 and take someone there. 

Don’t see this happening at 30. You might get a decent DE at 30, but all the “game changers” will most likely be gone by then. 

Beane hasn’t traded back, that doesn’t mean he won’t. 

He has been playing with house money for several off-season, moving to establish the core of the team and relying on cap space to fill out the Depth Chart. This year we don’t have that luxury. We’re at the point in our rebuild where we need cheap contracts to fill the back half of the team. Lower level picks that offset the price of resigning blue chippers.

I’m not saying it’s a definite we do trade back, but it’s definitely a possibility- especially since it looks like we might be in a barren spot for what we may be looking for. 30 might be too high for the second tier of DE’s and IOL’s do trading back might be better value. 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Did he play with Cody Ford? 

One year, I think.  2018, line won "Joe Moore Award" that season, Creed was C. 

Ford played LG that season, I think (??)  Edit: Nope, I'm wrong, he played right tackle.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I looked him up and he was a freshman in 2018, so they just missed each other 

Btw he was a wrestler, so Sean will want him 

https://www.collegesportslive.com/video/okla/football/creed-humphreys-wrestling-background-translating-to-football-20201013024305566755/

? Ford played at Oklahoma in 2018.  Ford was drafted in 2019.  Creed was a redshirt freshman in 2017, and started 12 at C in 2018.  Next to Ford.

Not sure where you're sourcing this info 'cuz I would normally take you on a matter involving college football 105% over me, but I'm pretty sure this is correct.

Info off the Joe Moore Award press release from OU.

Is there any interest or opinion on CB Tre Brown?

He reportedly ran a 4.40 in the 40 yard dash and can be a factor in the return game.

In the simulators he seems to be picked between 160 and 180 before the fast 40 yard dash.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

would love a trade down take him early in second somewhere. 

Me too but maybe only a few slots down. I read that Cincinnati is really scouting him and they pick pretty early in Rd 2.

34 minutes ago, quincy said:

Is there any interest or opinion on CB Tre Brown?

He reportedly ran a 4.40 in the 40 yard dash and can be a factor in the return game.

In the simulators he seems to be picked between 160 and 180 before the fast 40 yard dash.

I think he has been downgraded due to his height. I think he would be a nice addition in the middle rounds. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’d be pretty happy getting Humphries in Rd 2 for IOL. Guy was like a boulder at the senior bowl though those testing numbers are a bit surprising compared to seeing him play (good athlete, didn’t think great). But I think Quinn Meinerz from Wisconsin White Water and David Moore out of Grambling State are the two best IOL values in the draft, even with Meinerz probably being a second round pick anymore. Both of them have that attitude you want out of a lineman as well.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

One year, I think.  2018, line won "Joe Moore Award" that season, Creed was C. 

Ford played LG that season, I think (??)  Edit: Nope, I'm wrong, he played right tackle.

? Ford played at Oklahoma in 2018.  Ford was drafted in 2019.  Creed was a redshirt freshman in 2017, and started 12 at C in 2018.  Next to Ford.

Not sure where you're sourcing this info 'cuz I would normally take you on a matter involving college football 105% over me, but I'm pretty sure this is correct.

Info off the Joe Moore Award press release from OU.

No I just forgot Ford was drafted ‘19 and not ‘18