Detroit Lions WRs

PTS

I just don't think he has the same explosiveness as a TO and Randy Moss. He'll be great in the red zone and over the middle, in the same way Keyshawn was. But I guess time will tell who's right on this guy.

317894[/snapback]

Perhaps it's the new NFL-cum-Arena Football...DB's vs. WR's...heck, with seven already on the roster, the B'gals drafted 2 more.. ;)

I agree with todd, how can you guys sit there and promote such draft idiocy. Mike williams was a waste of a pick. they are going to be tied up in the cap later. Think about it. You have three receivers hwo see themselves as the number one guy and getting paid 1st round money. Plain idiocy. Matt Millen is incompetent.

317899[/snapback]

That was the only First Round pick that really shocked me. When the Lions came up, I said Williams is still going to be on the board after this pick. My jaw hit the floor after that one. Three WR in the top 10 in a row? STUPID!

That was the only First Round pick that really shocked me.  When the Lions came up, I said Williams is still going to be on the board after this pick.  My jaw hit the floor after that one.  Three WR in the top 10 in a row?  STUPID!

317905[/snapback]

Yeah, cause they should have grabbed one of the other studs in this draft? MW would have been a #1 pick if not for all the Maurice Clarett crap he got into.

EDIT: I'd like to make my prediction today that Mike Williams will become the next TO and Randy Moss.

317808[/snapback]

Interesting Letter to the Editor this weekend in the local paper about Williams. It was from your typical obsessive USC alum, who said that everyone who follows USC football closely knows that Williams may be a good receiver, but he is absolutely a unproven chatterbox who is more interested in himself than he will EVER be interested in being part of a team.

Hey wait. That's EXACTLY like TO and Randy Moss. ;)

Mike Williams will be a dominant NFL TD machine!

317957[/snapback]

.....Who will be playing for another team besides Detroit, or force a move with Roy Williams within 3 years and create a salary cap mess at the WR position.

Considering Charles Rogers has been about as durable as wet kleenex in a gale...

I'm all about best player on the board but in this era these three guys won't be on the same team  for very long.

317815[/snapback]

AD, I once heard on ESPN radio that his collarbone is being held together by steel rods, or something of the sort. Have you heard this?

Too bad, because he was exciting to watch with that speed.

I think this group has a lot of potential and I did believe Mike Williams was the best player in the draft, but to call it the best young group in decades is a little much I think.

There is a similar WR corp in the same conference

Boldin-------------Roy

Fitzgerald---------Mike

Johnson-----------Rogers (if he cannot stay healthy)

AD, I once heard on ESPN radio that his collarbone is being held together by steel rods, or something of the sort. Have you heard this?

Too bad, because he was exciting to watch with that speed.

318088[/snapback]

I've heard something similiar. Breaking the same bone twice in about a year is definitely a concern. He was a terrific college player and looked like he was going to be a very good to great pro. Sucks that he can't stay healthy.