No more Garbage Plates?

Just Jack

It might happen...

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/restaurants/2021/03/nick-tahous-home-of-rochesters-infamous-garbage-plate-faces-uncertain-future.html

Rochester, N.Y. — The birthplace of Rochester’s famous (or infamous) Garbage Plate is for sale, raising new questions about the storied restaurant’s future.
A story in today’s Rochester Democrat & Chronicle said the building that houses the Nick Tahou’s restaurant at 320 W. Main St. is listed for $975,000 with Howard Hanna Real Estate Services.

• Like (+1) 1

Can happen. The Holiday Showcase testruant in Cheektowaga was built in the late 60s and survived a direct ht by atormado in 1987. A few tears ago, the owners , who were old decided to retire. Their kds had no interest in running it. The building was sold , then down and a Royal Car Wash is being built on the spot. That could br happening here.

10 hours ago, Wacka said:

Can happen. The Holiday Showcase testruant in Cheektowaga was built in the late 60s and survived a direct ht by atormado in 1987. A few tears ago, the owners , who were old decided to retire. Their kds had no interest in running it. The building was sold , then down and a Royal Car Wash is being built on the spot. That could br happening here.

That's my thought also.  Whoever buys the building is not going to keep it standing.  It'll be torn down and something else built.  

22 hours ago, Billschills said:

It’s a historic building. Used to be part of the Cunningham carriage Co. In the early 1900’s then built high class cars sometime in the 20’s. 
I hope the new owner doesn’t tear it down, it’s a big part of Rochesters history.

The article I linked suggests anyone who buys the building will lease space to Tahous.  Doesn't sound like a tear down is part of the plan but plans can change if the price is right.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

The article I linked suggests anyone who buys the building will lease space to Tahous.  Doesn't sound like a tear down is part of the plan but plans can change if the price is right.

I hope the new owner takes over the Tahous restaurant. I would hate to see it gone.

2 minutes ago, Billschills said:

I hope the new owner takes over the Tahous restaurant. I would hate to see it gone.

Current owner Alex plans to maintain the registered trademarks of Tahou's and Garbage plate and transfer ownership of the restaurant.  I'm sure someone will want to license the name.  

Come to think of it, I have never had a plate at the original location.  I need to make that a priority next time I'm home.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Current owner Alex plans to maintain the registered trademarks of Tahou's and Garbage plate and transfer ownership of the restaurant.  I'm sure someone will want to license the name.  

Come to think of it, I have never had a plate at the original location.  I need to make that a priority next time I'm home.

You keep your Covid-riddled ass right where you are!

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.