Jordan Phillips tweets about Bills’ Mafia getting so mad about Watt.

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's possible they're a playoff contender provided the other teams in the division falter.  But a SB contender?

I mean we get surprise SB contenders every year. They have a lot of good players. Definitely wouldn’t bet on it but it won’t be like the crazy thing ever. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean we get surprise SB contenders every year. They have a lot of good players. Definitely wouldn’t bet on it but it won’t be like the crazy thing ever. 

They weren't a playoff team even last year and have a lot of good players scheduled to hit the market while Fitz is retiring.

Just now, Doc said:

They weren't a playoff team even last year and have a lot of good players scheduled to hit the market while Fitz is retiring.

Fitz is an all time great but he is washed at this point. I would keep Reddick over signing Watt. 

do I think they are SB contenders? Probably not. But guess the flip side is they lost 4 games by 3 points (and did steal the luckiest game ever) and Murray makes a similar 3rd year leap that Allen did (and statistically he’s bend better than Allen was his first two years).

ok, you convinced. I’m putting money on Arizona now. 😉

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It's possible they're a playoff contender provided the other teams in the division falter.  But a SB contender?

Fair, though weirder things have happened.  BigJ9797 is all thrilled about their DL.  Reminds me of 2012 when we had the "Best DL in the league on Paper" after signing Mario Williams and Dave Wannstache as DC - maybe it'll work out that way, and maybe it won't.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Fitz is an all time great but he is washed at this point. I would keep Reddick over signing Watt. 

do I think they are SB contenders? Probably not. But guess the flip side is they lost 4 games by 3 points (and did steal the luckiest game ever) and Murray makes a similar 3rd year leap that Allen did (and statistically he’s bend better than Allen was his first two years).

ok, you convinced. I’m putting money on Arizona now. 😉

Fitz had 54 receptions, almost half of which (25) went for first downs.  And they're likely to lose at least 4 of their 6 starters who are UFAs.

Money on Arizona...for the SB?  I'll take any bet you want for any price. ;)

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fair, though weirder things have happened.  BigJ9797 is all thrilled about their DL.  Reminds me of 2012 when we had the "Best DL in the league on Paper" after signing Mario Williams and Dave Wannstache as DC - maybe it'll work out that way, and maybe it won't.

I'm sure Phillips is pumped.  But a lot of the excitement is in hoping that Chandler Jones will return and suddenly pick up where he left-off prior to last season, when he had 1 sack in 4-1/2 games.  And considering he's 31 now.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:05 AM, John from Riverside said:

Jordan Phillips had count them… Two sacks last year after getting that big contract from Arizona exactly why do you miss him

I still don't understand why people hate on Phillips here. Scorned lovers I guess. He played a prominent role in this defense. It improved in every way when they signed him mid season that year. The arguments against guys like him and Shaq don't hold water. They worked in this system, our rank that year proved it. And if you want to bring up what he did in Arizona, what did we do without him? What was our overall rank without him? Who replaced his production this past season? Goes both ways.

1 hour ago, Luka said:

I still don't understand why people hate on Phillips here. Scorned lovers I guess. He played a prominent role in this defense. It improved in every way when they signed him mid season that year. The arguments against guys like him and Shaq don't hold water. They worked in this system, our rank that year proved it. And if you want to bring up what he did in Arizona, what did we do without him? What was our overall rank without him? Who replaced his production this past season? Goes both ways.

No hate for Phillips from me?  He had a great season for us and served his purpose....but SOME people are acting like Phillips would have been this great DT for us had we signed him to the bloated contract he is on now.......then he promptly goes to another team and under performs.

Facts are facts