Joe B article speculates John Brown will be cut

17 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Couldn’t we trade Brown for a 4th or 5.  I know he has a big cap hit, but there is likely some market for a late pick.  

If there's a market, I'm sure Beane will exploit it.  On the plus side, he's got a solid catch %, low drops, and is 1 season removed from 1000+ yds.  He was just off a top-20 WR in total yards and YPG last year and he was patient and supportive towards a young QB.

On the other hand, his current salary/bonuses are at #32 in the league while his YPG this year are down in the 40s somewhere...#49  I think.

17 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

as long as bargain hunting is not like the DL last year!

I think a problem with the "bargain hunting" on DL last year was that they weren't able to play guys in the positions they envisioned when they signed them.  If they'd been able to keep to the plan of platooning Harrison Phillips and Lotulelei at 1TDT, while platooning Butler and Oliver at 3TDT and using Jefferson in a hybrid DT/DE role, I think it's possible the result might have been better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A healthy Kenny Stills in 21 will easily outperform John Brown’s 2020. Thank you for the career year 2019 John Brown.  Critical for Josh’s development. 

They might want to reconsider. His touchdown dance is pretty darn dope, ya dig?

https://theathletic.com/2365170/   https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/701/john-brown (for those without the Athletic but want to see a short blurb)   The Athletic's Joe

6 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

John Brown won’t be on the team next year. They drafted his replacement in Davis. They have Hodgins they drafted. They can draft another one, sign Stills for much cheaper. It makes no sense to keep a 9 million spot. He’s older, he’s been injured, carries a huge cap number with low dead money. 

Yes, I agree w assessment; this is a fair probability

But having just re-watched the Cards game, I was reminded of the sheer beauty of this Triple Threat...at times it looked like "they" could not be stopped.

Wasn't even a great JA game, but SD-CB-JB went 27 for 274...not too shabby.

Alas, I'm basking in nostalgia (despite the loss), and time moves on. But when JB was healthy, there definitely was "a thing".

On 2/28/2021 at 6:15 PM, Dukestreetking said:

Yes, I agree w assessment; this is a fair probability

But having just re-watched the Cards game, I was reminded of the sheer beauty of this Triple Threat...at times it looked like "they" could not be stopped.

Wasn't even a great JA game, but SD-CB-JB went 27 for 274...not too shabby.

Alas, I'm basking in nostalgia (despite the loss), and time moves on. But when JB was healthy, there definitely was "a thing".

I remember feeling like that was one of our worst offensive games of the year, in the moment. huge chunks of time where we couldn't move the ball at all. I don't remember specifics, but remember being frustrated and thinking their defense was handling us better than we had been. Maybe we were trying to force it to those 3? I don't know, the yards per catch were certainly not great. I almost wonder if KC took some intelligence from that game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1
On 3/2/2021 at 4:41 AM, Man with No Name said:

I remember feeling like that was one of our worst offensive games of the year, in the moment. huge chunks of time where we couldn't move the ball at all. I don't remember specifics, but remember being frustrated and thinking their defense was handling us better than we had been. Maybe we were trying to force it to those 3? I don't know, the yards per catch were certainly not great. I almost wonder if KC took some intelligence from that game. 

I don't disagree re the overall game. I should have made it more clear that I was talking (most of) first half, where the Trio/JA looked damn near unstoppable.

I concluded that by using the "Mark 1 eyeball" test and, just now, looking at the play log...in first six possessions they went TD, FG, FG, FG, punt, TD.

Bottom line: Bills already had 23 with 9+ min left in half. Not too bad.

Just a game slice I realize, but the Trio was showing it's real potential, imv.

(note: this is not a comment on whether or not we should retain JB)

All I can say is I hope not.

Brown can be a huge threat on this team as long as he's healthy. You never know who might go down at any given point, and having Diggs, Brown, Beasley & Davis is huge. 

• Agree 2