Joe B article speculates John Brown will be cut

DJB

On 2/28/2021 at 6:15 PM, Dukestreetking said:

Yes, I agree w assessment; this is a fair probability

But having just re-watched the Cards game, I was reminded of the sheer beauty of this Triple Threat...at times it looked like "they" could not be stopped.

Wasn't even a great JA game, but SD-CB-JB went 27 for 274...not too shabby.

Alas, I'm basking in nostalgia (despite the loss), and time moves on. But when JB was healthy, there definitely was "a thing".

I remember feeling like that was one of our worst offensive games of the year, in the moment. huge chunks of time where we couldn't move the ball at all. I don't remember specifics, but remember being frustrated and thinking their defense was handling us better than we had been. Maybe we were trying to force it to those 3? I don't know, the yards per catch were certainly not great. I almost wonder if KC took some intelligence from that game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/2/2021 at 4:41 AM, Man with No Name said:

I remember feeling like that was one of our worst offensive games of the year, in the moment. huge chunks of time where we couldn't move the ball at all. I don't remember specifics, but remember being frustrated and thinking their defense was handling us better than we had been. Maybe we were trying to force it to those 3? I don't know, the yards per catch were certainly not great. I almost wonder if KC took some intelligence from that game. 

I don't disagree re the overall game. I should have made it more clear that I was talking (most of) first half, where the Trio/JA looked damn near unstoppable.

I concluded that by using the "Mark 1 eyeball" test and, just now, looking at the play log...in first six possessions they went TD, FG, FG, FG, punt, TD.

Bottom line: Bills already had 23 with 9+ min left in half. Not too bad.

Just a game slice I realize, but the Trio was showing it's real potential, imv.

(note: this is not a comment on whether or not we should retain JB)