2021 MLB HOF Class

Chandler#81

Curt Schilling who was never involved in PED's aside from voicing his thoughts on it is ONLY being excluded because of his politics off the field which is ridiculous.  I heard that he requested to be removed from the ballot for his final year.  He allegedly said he'd rather be inducted by the 'legends' or whatever that ballot is called.  He said their opinion is really the only one that matters.

That being said, his numbers really aren't HOF worthy, but if they aren't and he is getting 70+%, you know there's more to it than the numbers

Edited by The Poojer

22 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Zero. Nada. Zilch. 

See what happens when you take PEDs out of sports? Everyone is just average.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...... I'm taking my ball and going home!!!!!!  

Look at Schilling's letter to the Hall ... https://www.facebook.com/1044701480/posts/10223220822362596/?d=n

"I will not participate in the final year of voting. I am requesting to be removed from the ballot. I'll defer to the veterans committee and men whose opinions actually matter and who are in a position to actually judge a player," Schilling wrote. "I don't think I'm a hall of famer as I've often stated but if former players think I am then I'll accept that with honor."

Such a dick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...... I'm taking my ball and going home!!!!!!  

Look at Schilling's letter to the Hall ... https://www.facebook.com/1044701480/posts/10223220822362596/?d=n

"I will not participate in the final year of voting. I am requesting to be removed from the ballot. I'll defer to the veterans committee and men whose opinions actually matter and who are in a position to actually judge a player," Schilling wrote. "I don't think I'm a hall of famer as I've often stated but if former players think I am then I'll accept that with honor."

Such a dick.

It's not an unreasonable position if he thinks he's being denied votes for other than his career.  He's admitting he's not a HOFer. Why go through this public charade every year?  He's decided not to.

Tim Kirkjian put it best, the baseball writers have made a mess of this.  Plenty of PED'ers have been voted in and guys like Bonds and Clemens played at the time where PEDs controlled MLB.  They happened to be the best players during the PED era.  why keep them out?  Also, the numbskulls who run the HOF have to decide who they don't ever want in and not even put them on the ballot for the voters to screw up.

MLB and BHOF are a joke at this point.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's not an unreasonable position if he thinks he's being denied votes for other than his career.  He's admitting he's not a HOFer. Why go through this public charade every year?  He's decided not to.

Tim Kirkjian put it best, the baseball writers have made a mess of this.  Plenty of PED'ers have been voted in and guys like Bonds and Clemens played at the time where PEDs controlled MLB.  They happened to be the best players during the PED era.  why keep them out?  Also, the numbskulls who run the HOF have to decide who they don't ever want in and not even put them on the ballot for the voters to screw up.

MLB and BHOF are a joke at this point.

I agree that the writers should no longer be part of the process.

I've also softened my personal stance on the Steroid Era greats.  They should be in the Hall of Fame.  Real fans of the game will understand the era they were from.  It was more of a level playing field than many want to acknowledge.  Clemens and Bonds belong in the Hall of Fame.

Schilling, while not an overwhelming "slam dunk," stats-wise, should also be in.  As much of an absolute ass as he is off the field, he is not a criminal and hasn't hurt anyone.  The HOF is full of scum bags, i.e. - Ty Cobb.

Don't get me wrong, though - I won't be upset if Clemens and Bonds never get in.  They're not only cheaters; they're liars.  But they were clearly two of the best, so I also won't be upset if they DO get in.  Totally indifferent.

Schilling could have easily just taken a stand against writers and said "take me off the ballot."  He didn't need to take shots at other players.  He's a classless bum.  But he's a HOF pitcher and a classless bum.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I agree that the writers should no longer be part of the process.

I've also softened my personal stance on the Steroid Era greats.  They should be in the Hall of Fame.  Real fans of the game will understand the era they were from.  It was more of a level playing field than many want to acknowledge.  Clemens and Bonds belong in the Hall of Fame.

Schilling, while not an overwhelming "slam dunk," stats-wise, should also be in.  As much of an absolute ass as he is off the field, he is not a criminal and hasn't hurt anyone.  The HOF is full of scum bags, i.e. - Ty Cobb.

Don't get me wrong, though - I won't be upset if Clemens and Bonds never get in.  They're not only cheaters; they're liars.  But they were clearly two of the best, so I also won't be upset if they DO get in.  Totally indifferent.

Schilling could have easily just taken a stand against writers and said "take me off the ballot."  He didn't need to take shots at other players.  He's a classless bum.  But he's a HOF pitcher and a classless bum.

He said he would rather have the players decide whether he gets in.  That's not much of a shot...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Such a dick.

Schill will have more time to bolster his collection of Nazi memorabilia now.

He’s a human piece of trash, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Schill will have more time to bolster his collection of Nazi memorabilia now.

He’s a human piece of trash, IMO.

Could not agree more.  Clemens ain't much better.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.