In Depth Look at Bills Vs Colts

Glad to see the AFC seedings land where they did.  The two guys outside of KC that worry me are Derrick Henry and Lamar, and as long as Pitt beats CLE (is Ben 3 points better than Mason Rudolph?) then we won't have to face either one of those guys until AFC championship game if at all.

As far as Indy goes,  RB Taylor is red hot and he can rip you for long gains.  In the past month he has been getting impressive yardage even vs stacked boxes.  If our offense can build a lead and force the Colts to pass more in the 2nd half, we will win this game comfortably.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I honestly can't see the Colts staying within 14 points no matter how well they play. We are simply a superior team top to bottom and the Bills have a much better QB at this stage of his career. 

Indy could play great defense and still give up 5 or 6 straight scoring drives. Our D is not going to let that happen.

Bills are 2nd in the NFL allowing only 9.1 points in the first half of games. Bills are also 2nd in the NFL at points scored in the first half at 16.1.

That is a lethal combination that sees thee Bills jump out to big leads at halftime and if this happens in this game the Colts don't have a prayer.

I think what analyst say about this game is right.. they don't like this matchup for the bills.. but when it gets to the bottom like... Rivers will not out gun Josh.  There defense needs to be special against us.. period..  and Rivers needs to play at his best.. or its not happening for indy   My edited key for the game was come out fast.. get rivers behind by 2 TD.. going to be a fun game to watch

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Glad to see the AFC seedings land where they did.  The two guys outside of KC that worry me are Derrick Henry and Lamar, and as long as Pitt beats CLE (is Ben 3 points better than Mason Rudolph?) then we won't have to face either one of those guys until AFC championship game if at all.

As far as Indy goes,  RB Taylor is red hot and he can rip you for long gains.  In the past month he has been getting impressive yardage even vs stacked boxes.  If our offense can build a lead and force the Colts to pass more in the 2nd half, we will win this game comfortably.

This is a conversation that will be had till its all over... what would of the best landing place team be for round 1. I think we did OK lol 

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think what analyst say about this game is right.. they don't like this matchup for the bills.. but when it gets to the bottom like... Rivers will not out gun Josh.  There defense needs to be special against us.. period..  and Rivers needs to play at his best.. or its not happening for indy   My edited key for the game was come out fast.. get rivers behind by 2 TD.. going to be a fun game to watch

I like the matchup just fine. Indy is a good team. Bills are an elite team. This is the type of game that will show how big the gap are between those classes of teams. Kinda like the game yesterday did.

The problem is once the Bills figure out how the Colts are playing them they will go into score at will mode like they have against every other team since the bye.

The only concern I have is that Allen gets overly amped up for the game because of the fans being there for the first time all year and it being a playoff game.

Edited by Big Turk

Just now, Big Turk said:

I like the matchup just fine. Indy is a good team. Bills are an elite team. This is the type of game that will show how big the gap are between those classes of teams. Kinda like the game yesterday did.

So who do you hate more in round 2.. .Lamar or Henry? For me I would rather have Lamar and Balt. round 2 because Henry can slow the game down to much.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think the Bills should fear anyone. I think they still need to beat the kings to be considered the kings, in respect of Kansas City, but I don't think the Bills should fear them. 

I just have to comment on how extraordinary it is for someone who understands the game to be saying this about our team.   I mean, I read it and my first reaction was "that's ridiculous, how could the Bills be so good that they shouldn't fear anyone?"  These are my Bills, the team I've always wanted to be good but never believed they could be.  So I read it and at first thought you had lost your mind. 

And then I thought about what I wrote about the Bills after yesterday's game, and I realized I was saying the same thing.  

This team has risen from what some were calling a dumpster fire in 2017 to a powerhouse in 2020.  

It's not that there are no teams who can beat the Bills.   There are good teams are out there, but none of them is obviously better than the Bills.  

An extraordinary thing has happened to us Bills fans.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I just have to comment on how extraordinary it is for someone who understands the game to be saying this about our team.   I mean, I read it and my first reaction was "that's ridiculous, how could the Bills be so good that they shouldn't fear anyone?"  These are my Bills, the team I've always wanted to be good but never believed they could be.  So I read it and at first thought you had lost your mind. 

And then I thought about what I wrote about the Bills after yesterday's game, and I realized I was saying the same thing.  

This team has risen from what some were calling a dumpster fire in 2017 to a powerhouse in 2020.  

It's not that there are no teams who can beat the Bills.   There are good teams are out there, but none of them is obviously better than the Bills.  

An extraordinary thing has happened to us Bills fans.  

This is absolutely it. Think it is a low chance we lose to Indy, though obviously not impossible, but Tennesse and Baltimore could beat us and Kansas City definitely could.... but the Bills are probably favoured against the first two and the only reason they are not against the third is because to be the best you have to knock off the current champ who should get the benefit of the doubt until that time. The Bills have a real, very real, chance to win the Superbowl. The 22/1 I got before the season seems huge now. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So who do you hate more in round 2.. .Lamar or Henry? For me I would rather have Lamar and Balt. round 2 because Henry can slow the game down to much.

I am not afraid of any team including KC. If Pittsburgh wins we would play them. Honestly I can't see the Browns beating the Steelers after struggling with their backups all game and needing to stop a 2 point conversion to hold on for the win.

Edited by Big Turk

ESPN+ wrote this in their "Playoff team myth busters" article:

The myth: The Colts have one of the league's best defenses.

This was the case for the first half of the season. Indianapolis was No. 1 in the league in total defense, if you measure by fewest yards allowed per game, through Week 9. Darius Leonard is a terror at linebacker. DeForest Buckner is a force in the middle of the defensive line. Xavier Rhodes was having a resurgent season at cornerback. The Colts' defense was one of the very best -- if not the best -- into the early part of November.

Why it's wrong: It didn't hold up. From Weeks 10-16, Indy ranked 26th in total defense and 27th in defensive efficiency. In its last three games against teams in the playoff field -- Green Bay, Tennessee and Pittsburgh -- the Colts have allowed an average of 35 points and 390 yards. They did win the Green Bay game in overtime, but they blew a 24-7 second-half lead in Pittsburgh in Week 16 to cost themselves a chance to win the AFC South.

Yes, respect all teams in the playoffs, as the AFC is strong this year. However, at the very least, this made me smile.

Edited by RochesterLifer

3 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

This was the case for the first half of the season. Indianapolis was No. 1 in the league in total defense, if you measure by fewest yards allowed per game, through Week 9. Darius Leonard is a terror at linebacker. DeForest Buckner is a force in the middle of the defensive line. Xavier Rhodes was having a resurgent season at cornerback. The Colts' defense was one of the very best -- if not the best -- into the early part of November.

Why it's wrong: It didn't hold up. From Weeks 10-16, Indy ranked 26th in total defense and 27th in defensive efficiency. In its last three games against teams in the playoff field -- Green Bay, Tennessee and Pittsburgh -- the Colts have allowed an average of 35 points and 390 yards. They did win the Green Bay game in overtime, but they blew a 24-7 second-half lead in Pittsburgh in Week 16 to cost themselves a chance to win the AFC South.

Yes, respect all teams in the playoffs, as the AFC is strong this year. However, at the very least, this made me smile.

I have watched Deshaun Watson rip them to pieces twice throwing to Chad Hansen, David Fells and that Coutee fella. Watson is great, but Allen is even better right now and he will be throwing to Stefon Diggs and John Brown at the very least. They can't cover us. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Rochester Thank you for adding to this post like this... This is going to be added to my main post wit your name on it because this is good stuff.. And this is kind of what Gunner and Turk have been saying. There's good and there's Elite.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/4/2021 at 11:44 AM, GunnerBill said:

I have watched Deshaun Watson rip them to pieces twice throwing to Chad Hansen, David Fells and that Coutee fella. Watson is great, but Allen is even better right now and he will be throwing to Stefon Diggs and John Brown at the very least. They can't cover us. 

And our Oline play has been really solid.  Boettger filling in for Cody, Mitch playing well and we all know about the other three studs.

Cant beat a team that gives its qb 4 seconds to throw every play, especially Josh and his weapons.

• Like (+1) 1