Teams with a non-game day around the league thread

4merper4mer

Thought it might be fun to have a thread with teams that are not playing today.  Those are:

Bills:. What else can be said?

Raiders:

Chargers: 

Broncos:

Packers:

Panthers:

Steelers:

Bengals:

I'll start with my thoughts on the Panthers.  Matt Ruhle appears to me to be a very solid rookie coach.  That team did not quit last night and I've seen a few similar games from them.  I don't see Teddy Bridgewater as a top tier QB but he is 100% a gamer on the field.  After what he went through it is very impressive to me and I wish him all the best.  If the Bills pick up another Panther, pleeeeeeeeeeease let it be Brian Burns.  He is awesome.

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Thought it might be fun to have a thread with teams that are not playing today.  Those are:

Raiders:

Chargers: 

Broncos:

Packers:

Panthers:

Steelers:

Bengals:

I'll start with my thoughts on the Panthers.  Matt Ruhle appears to me to be a very solid rookie coach.  That team did not quit last night and I've seen a few similar games from them.  I don't see Teddy Bridgewater as a top tier QB but he is 100% a gamer on the field.  After what he went through it is very impressive to me and I wish him all the best.  If the Bills pick up another Panther, pleeeeeeeeeeease let it be Brian Burns.  He is awesome.

Today is Sunday?  Oh thanks for the reminder!   With all these non Sunday 1:00 games lately it is hard to remember what day it is anymore.  My wife commented earlier about something thinking it was Monday.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Bridgewater has played in 57 games spilt up buy a horrific injury.  His comp % is almost 70%(1% higher than Allen's) and his YPA is 7.6 compared to Allen's 7.8.  He has 640 fewer yard than Allen on 70 fewer attempts.  Allen blows him away in scores with far greater WR group.  They have the same number of INTs.  Bridgewater has been without their best offensive weapon most of the year.  

My point is I would not be so quick to say Bridgewater is not the answer in Carolina.  That division will be up for grabs as Brees and Brady play worse with age and Atlanta is a dumpster fire.  Carolina should be very competitive with Bridgewater after another draft, a few FA holes filled, and a healthy McCaffrey

Steelers are a house of cards about ready to fall apart.  First round exit for sure

Packers will win the NFC

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Raiders:

Chargers: 

Broncos:

Packers:

Panthers:

Steelers:

Bengals:

Bridgewater is basically Tyrod Taylor...he is 2nd best in the NFL at preventing negative plays but 3rd worst at creating positive plays. They are going to need better if they really want to make something happen over thr next few years.

Edited by matter2003

7 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

My opinion? 

These early games STINK. 

It doesn't matter to us.

Bring on KC/NO.

I find myself in an odd mindset today actually rooting for the Patriots. Or more accurately stated rooting against the Dolphins. I'm tired of all the Tua love the analysts seem to be infected with. 

12 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I find myself in an odd mindset today actually rooting for the Patriots. Or more accurately stated rooting against the Dolphins. I'm tired of all the Tua love the analysts seem to be infected with. 

I'm fine with this also.

Do you know what I just saw on the broadcast?

It was Kraft, mask completely down, eating something and licking his fingers, and then turning to Mr. Bon Jovi to his right about a foot away, and offering him some of it.

To Mr. Bon Jovi's credit, he is/was wearing a mask properly and declined.

Gilmore just got hurt..........also.

Edited by Seasons1992

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'm fine with this also.

Do you know what I just saw on the broadcast?

It was Kraft, mask completely down, eating something and licking his fingers, and then turning to Mr. Bon Jovi to his right about a foot away, and offering him some of it.

To Mr. Bon Jovi's credit, he is/was wearing a mask properly and declined.

Gilmore just got hurt..........also.

Ok the anecdote about Kraft just reignited my Pats disdain. I'm good with them blowing the lead and losing. Kraft just has one of those faces that is easy to dislike.