Bills dominance can be summed up in one unbelievable stat. 24 minutes and 41 seconds.

Big Turk

40 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is that true? I’ll have to look that up? Are we nearing some sort of record for least punts in a season? It sure feels like it.

Yes we will shatter it. The fewest punts in franchise history was 51. Currently we have 35 for the season.

Believe it or not, the Cowboys actually have the fewest punts right now with 34 although they will likely have some in their next game. So either they go for it on 4th down a lot since they are behind so much or their offense has performed better than expected for their record...or maybe some of both.

Raiders only have 36 and they have also played 13 games. Punting is way down this year across the entire NFL...

Edited by matter2003

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yeah but my High Football IQ says 8-8 and miss the playoffs. Something about point differential? 

Some other guy around here said the Bills were going to lose 12 straight.  Maybe it was the same guy.  I dont remember but I remember reading it.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yeah but my High Football IQ says 8-8 and miss the playoffs. Something about point differential? 

Hahaha...it just shows he doesn't know what he is looking at. The had a low point differential for mainly 3 reasons.

1) The Titan game

2) Their penchant for much of the season to allow teams meningless garbage time touchdowns

3) Defensive lapses allowing teams back in games they had huge lead in

These were not true "one score" games in most cases. Yes there were a few where the Bills had  leads like in Miami and against the Rams and actually let the other team come back and even take the lead but the others were basically games where the Bills had comfortable 2 or 3 score leads and traded a bunch of clock time for points allowed knowing the other team wouldn't have enough time to score again. Premise was they would recover the onside kick which is one of thr most lopsided plays in sports with something like a 94% recovery rate for the receiving team.

Bills are really reverting to good defensive form the past several weeks. 4th straight game where we have won by 10+ points. And this last one was emphatic.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

I know that is a great stat, but I'd like to see them trailing and how they react.

Think the Ravens 2019 and they never seemed to trail and then come the playoffs and as soon as they trailed, they had no idea what to do.

Of course we did comeback vs. the Rams, Dolphins & Arizona in the fourth. 

Just we are going on all cylinders now and sometimes that can be scary.  

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I know that is a great stat, but I'd like to see them trailing and how they react.

Think the Ravens 2019 and they never seemed to trail and then come the playoffs and as soon as they trailed, they had no idea what to do.

Of course we did comeback vs. the Rams, Dolphins & Arizona in the fourth. 

Just we are going on all cylinders now and sometimes that can be scary.  

Didn't we just see that in the Pittsburgh and 49er game? Both of those teams had 7-0 leads on us. They did not last very long. 

Edited by matter2003

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Pretty early on.  3rd/4th quarter deficits vs. Miami, Rams, Arizona (and the Jets???).

Yup...Bills didn't take the lead until under 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter against the Jets in the second game. That was a very frustrating game because they moved the ball at will until they got into easy FG range and then couldn't convert. Never punted that game and rolled up well over 400 yards of offense.

Edited by matter2003