Good WGR Topic/Question this morning.

billsbackto81

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think Gilmore would have anywhere near the impact that Mario would, assuming both are in their prime. Instead of a rotation of Epenesa and Jefferson and whoever else defenses would have to double Mario which leaves Hughes free to do what he does and possibly give Oliver more space to work with. If this defense had a dominant edge rusher they would immediately be elite.

Oh. I would go Mario as a first choice with out a doubt. 

Schobel, Mario, Meatball, Gilmore are all obvious choices.

One that I haven't seen mentioned is Jairus Byrd. In his rookie season, he had NINE interceptions! 

Putting him at free safety and allowing Hyde to roam as the Buffalo Nickel/Robber would be awesome. Because we're already really good at safety, Byrd's addition wouldn't be as big of an overall upgrade to our defense as someone like Schobel or Gilmore. Still, adding a third playmaking/ball-hawking safety and thus allowing McDermott/Frazier to get creative would be fun to see.

Ted Washington or Pat Williams. Fred Smerlas, maybe.

Our LBs would feast.

We'll get back Lotulelei next year, and our inside guys are playing better, but they'd be my pick for this year.

At CB, maybe Antoine Winfield. Loved the way he played.

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Just thought of Jason Peters---instant and huge upgrade to the OL.

I'll add him to my list with Gilmore.

Oh, my. Nice. I'm happy with our tackles, but Peters was such an exceptional player, and next year we may lose Daryl Williams.