YoloinOhio

Saints to start Taysom Hill over Jameis Winston

9 minutes ago, teef said:

fair enough.  i just think allen had a different learning curve than others for a number of reasons.  we all knew his success wouldn't likely be immediate.  

Not with the line & receivers they started him with.  I just hated the conservative play calling through McD's first three seasons, and we know his eye for offensive talent (i.e. Peterman)......😉😜

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NoSaint said:

it’s not his fault but certainly to his advantage as it takes a great deal of pressure off

Well, yeah, but that's kind of what defenses are supposed to do. Using the defense to attack Taysom Hill is ridiculous.

If you want to attack him, do it for his performance, not because some other group of guys is doing their job well. Did you attack Josh Allen last year when the defense played well? People did, and it made no more sense then.

Hill played really well. The offense scored 24 points. There should be mostly good things to say about that game. Sure, as I said, he's still got a huge amount to prove. But so far so very good.

6 hours ago, teef said:

also reminds me what a certain someone here does with the coaching staff when he doesn't get what he wants.

Yup. Precisely. But it's like talking ... well, this isn't much of a metaphor but it's like talking to someone who doesn't get it.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

That screen was text book on the late decision making. Those red flags will likely continue. 

he is fun to watch against a struggling team and backed by that defense... but boy would it go south in a shootout. 

On 11/24/2020 at 5:37 PM, Thurman#1 said:

Well, yeah, but that's kind of what defenses are supposed to do. Using the defense to attack Taysom Hill is ridiculous.

If you want to attack him, do it for his performance, not because some other group of guys is doing their job well. Did you attack Josh Allen last year when the defense played well? People did, and it made no more sense then.

If that’s an attack, pillow fights must be terrifying.

saying that he wasn’t asked to do a lot and it was low pressure isn’t an attack. It’s just context.

Taysom just doubled his passing yards on that completion - 4/7 with 6 yards now

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Taysom just doubled his passing yards on that completion - 4/7 with 6 yards now

Sacked for 13 yards.  Net -7 lol

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sacked for 13 yards.  Net -7 lol

you knew he’d be asked to do very little but... 

this game might not cross 100 total combined passing yards 😂

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

you knew he’d be asked to do very little but... 

this game might not cross 100 total combined passing yards 😂

I can't believe this isn't being nationally televised---a game with zero QBs!!

A must see

• Haha (+1) 1

Soooooo tentative. I get taking no risks in a game like this but at some point got to pull the trigger. 

its not like Denver is going to start racking up touchdowns and the leads wide enough to actually test taysom a bit without consequences.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Soooooo tentative. I get taking no risks in a game like this but at some point got to pull the trigger. 

its not like Denver is going to start racking up touchdowns and the leads wide enough to actually test taysom a bit without consequences.

No way. Win the game.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No way. Win the game.

If you don’t think letting taysom pass the ball accomplishes that, you have your answer on whether they think he’s the guy. 

I watched the game vs Denver yesterday and was amazed at how bad Taylor Hill looked when he was trying to throw the ball.  Can Winston be that bad ?  Or is Payton just looking to have a hand off machine who can run a little on the side until Brees can return?