Guitar Player Mt. Rushmore

BillsPride12

51 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Lots of good names above. I’m a bit surprised that nobody mentioned Darrell Abbott yet. (Dimebag Darrell) guess we don’t have any pantera/DamagePlan fans posting in this thread...

My son is a metalhead and guitarist; he loves Dimebag and I agree - he was an amazing guitarist.

• Like (+1) 1

You know there's those two types of people...one that watches something like this and wants to pick the guitar up, and another one who wants to put the guitar down.

I just love the instrument

I am going to add a fifth too. I love Nancy Wilson

Edited by OZBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, bdutton said:

Roy Clark is a great one.

Glen Campbell is another from that era.

My personal favorite is Porl Thompson from the Cure and also did a stint with Led Zeppelin.

I just watched the Glen Campbell one yesterday. Good times

As it was said before, it depends very much on the genre. I do not like most country music, and the melody and lyrics of this song are not very interesting. But, man, can he play guitar.... Let me introduce: Albert Lee!     (BTW, he is English; and he was sometimes confused with Alvin Lee of Ten Years After)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.